Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sandwiched


At last, I got to wear my fabulous new dress! The folded neckline is what really sold me on this one, and the shape and pattern are classic enough that I'll be able to wear it for years to come.

I tend to have a difficult time with springtime fashions, mainly because soft pastels don't look so great against my skin tone. This dress solves the problem by putting the deep midnight blue up near the face and right at the hem, and keeping the softer shades sandwiched in the middle. Once it warms up a little I think this dress is going to look great with bare legs or nude fishnets.

The cute teal clutch doesn't get a ton of use, so I was glad to realize after buying the dress that it would be just the thing. I love how it plays off the lighter shades in the floral pattern and keeps the outfit bright.

Dress: Karen Millen
Clutch: Tracy Reese
Pumps: Paolo




11 comments:

Lisa said...

It is a fabulous dress....it looks like wearable art.

Megan said...

Beautiful dress. I love the t-strap shoes too.

Ashe Mischief said...

Your dress is superbly stunning. I adore everything about it. It really speaks for itself (and agree with the above 'wearable art' comment)!

Sal said...

Gorgeous! That neckline is fantastic.

LPC said...

Oh what a GORGEOUS dress!

laniza said...

The dress and clutch were meant to be together.

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Stunning dress, Audi. I love the clutch and shoes with it! I feel the same about pastels and am with you on looking forward to fishnet/ bare leg weather.

Sheila said...

That is a gorgeous dress! I love the pleating and the gathers at the waist.

Cassandra Westfall said...

What an elegant look! I love the T-strap shoes. They have a vintage feel that really works with your dress.

Just started following your blog.

Love your style. As a former sociology instructor, I've always bemoaned the lack of style or even effort in academia. Love smart women having fun with fashion!!! :-)

Cassie
stylecassentials.blogsot.com

Eleanorjane said...

Fab dress! Perfect for wearing to a summer wedding, I think. Or could be dressed up for the races, or a summery cocktail thing.

Annika Victoria said...

I just found your blog and am so inspired!!! I thought I was the only scientist/fashion lover who blogged about it too :) I'm such a huge advocate of staying fab in the lab, haha. I wear totally inappropriate things to my laboratory sessions ;)

You might be interested in my blog, I try and mash fashion and science to inspire the young girls who read my blog to get interested in science! & it's actually been working, which is awesome. Take a look if you get the time :) www.pineneedlecollective.com