Sunday, February 3, 2013

Noir City part 2

Today was the final day of the Noir City film festival, and after last night's big evening, it was a pretty quiet day at the theater (though the 49ers being in the Super Bowl undoubtedly has something to do with it).

Here are Fawn and I all ready to set out for the Noir City Nightclub last night:


My dress is a vintage late 40's-early 50's Lillie Rubin that I found on Etsy.  I wore it with a full crinoline underneath for lots of volume in the skirt. Fawn is wearing a cocktail dress from Boden and one of my hats, which I thought looked great on her. Here we are modeling our outfits with my vintage mink stole. I love that stole so much I wish I could just wear it with everything, every day; however I'm not really sure how well that would go over in San Francisco when there isn't a classic movie festival or some other vintage-themed event going on.


Mark also attended the nightclub event wearing his vintage 1940's tux and a fedora that I made for him. The tux is a deep midnight blue with black silk trim, which I think is a great alternative to solid black. Doesn't he look dapper? I do love a man in a tux, especially a vintage one.


Laura met us at the venue, so unfortunately she isn't in any of my photos. It was a great evening though, with several different live bands, a striptease performer, and of course, lots of people dressed up and looking amazing.

 
 
Today I met Laura at the Castro theater for one last show, this one a B-movie marathon. For my daywear look I went with nude fishnet stockings and wrist-length gloves, as well as one of my own hats. The dress is a 40's reproduction from Revamp Vintage, and has seen several Noir City festivals before.



I have to say I'm a little sad to see the festival come to a close; in many ways I feel like this was the best one so far. This year I also improved my vintage hairstyling and makeup techniques, and I put together some outfits that I was really proud of. I'm hoping I can find other occasions for some of them instead of letting them languish in a the closet for a whole year.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks; I'm headed to France tomorrow for a week and I'll probably need several days to regroup before I post again.

15 comments:

Katie said...

I love your shoes in the last photo...can you tell me what brand?
Beautiful!

Audi said...

Katie: The shoes are by Faryl Robin.

Megan Mae said...

Every look has been outstanding, but your final hat really tweaked my interest! Such a cute hat.

Patience_Crabstick said...

What fun! I especially like the last look pictured here. Mark looks like how I imagine Archie Goodwin of the Nero Wolfe series looks.

Franca said...

I love all the outfits! That dark blue suit is brilliant, not something I'd seen before!

Jean said...

Great outfits, you all look amazing.

laniza said...

Wow! This looks like so much fun! There has to be a way to incorporate more of these looks into your everyday life... I feel like the party's just starting :)!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous outfits on all of you - Mark does look so very dapper in his wonderful tux! That reproduction dress of yours (the last one) is one of my favourites on you.

LPC said...

Oh that black dress! The neckline! The silhouette! ≈

Dawn Abbott said...

total fashion and lovely presentation..
Online Fashion Store

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eddie said...

Thanks for coming and adding your allure to the show!

Elizabeth said...

How superb everyone looks!

Rebecca said...

Hello! Just came across your blog today and I must say it is awesome. I'm working on my PhD at the moment and completely agree that just because you are a scientist or in academia doesn't mean you can't have style too! Keep up the fabulous work! : D

http://mn2nz.wordpress.com

Rika said...

I'm guessing its been done before, but just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. http://rikaconfesses.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/liebsterfest/