Friday, October 19, 2012

Revolver


I bought this dress on my trip to Minneapolis, and I was really excited to style it in a work outfit. I'm sure it could be worn as a cocktail dress, but I like it better as part of a more casual look. It's another example of an item whose details are best appreciated in daylight hours, because a lot of that great shaping wouldn't be noticeable at night.

To make the dress look more casual I went with bare legs and boots, a look I love to play around with especially in the fall. The cognac color of the boots and bag gave it a slightly western vibe, to which I added the cute revolver necklace, another of my Minnesota purchases. The solid brass pendant has a nice heft to it, and the barrel even spins around for an extra realistic effect. I wish the trigger moved, although it's not like I'd be able to get my finger in there to move it anyway.






I bought the necklace the morning I was flying out, and Sal commented that I'd better put it in my checked baggage or else TSA might try to confiscate it. To my amusement when I got home, I noticed that my checked bag had actually been opened and searched, I guess because of the pendant, since everything else in there was just clothes. I guess this necklace doesn't make for a very good travel accessory.

Dress: Adrianna Papell
Necklace: Defy
Bag: Lucky Brand
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen
Bracelet: Leslie Danzis


7 comments:

Une Femme said...

Too funny about the TSA checking your bag! I like how you've styled the dress casually. And yes, those details deserve to see daylight.

lawyerdoll said...

I love this dress. I love it so much, and I am super-envious... you look amazingly fab in it!

Shybiker said...

Beautiful dress. And I thought the same thing Sal did: I read a year ago about a woman whose similar jewelry caused scrutiny.

Sheila said...

What an amazing dress! I love all the folds and layers.

Great pendant! How funny that they searched your luggage due to this!

FYI, I wore your harness that I purchased off Megan Mae! Pictures are up.

creativepubtalk said...

Audi – just found your great site for fashion ideas, invaluable for male writers of science-themed women’s fiction like me. I need all the help I can get! In my latest Rhapsody Series, research scientist Lauren Hind loves haute couture and mathematics in equal measure. Agree – scientists and style are very mutually inclusive.

Audi said...

Creativepubtalk: How cool, best of luck with the book! I think it used to be the case that female researchers felt a lot of pressure not to be concerned with "frivolous" things like fashion, but I think the tide has turned. However, I think the science will always edge out fashion when push comes to shove. If an experiment goes awry and you have to come in at an odd hour, you'll do it, even if it means -- horror! -- having to be seen by your colleagues in your grubbies.

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Fabulous colour combination! Love that amazing dress.