Thursday, October 4, 2012

Modern


This top was a birthday gift from my sister, and I really love its modern shape. It's quite unlike anything else in my closet, so I was surprised at how easy it was to style. It looks great without an over-layer as well, but the day was just too chilly to go sleeveless.

Wearing this outfit gave me an excuse to pull out these new boots again, which worked perfectly with the ponte knit pants. I'm very happy to see more moderate heel heights creeping back into the stores, because for awhile there all the cute styles came with towering  height. As much as I love a tall heel, it really isn't very practical for most days in downtown SF. Between the potholes, the cable car tracks, and the uneven pavement, walking in the city can be a hazard even in relatively low heels. These boots have proven to be both comfortable and stable when I'm dashing from the bus to the office, or going out to grab lunch.

Top: MM Couture
Cardigan: Max Studio
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: See by Chloe

10 comments:

Une Femme said...

Fun top! That print should be fun to mix. But it's the boots that really have me drooling. I'm with you on the heel heights...they've been crazy for too long now.

notSupermum said...

Love, love, love that outfit!

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

That is a really flattering top. The cardigan looks like an especially nice piece to wear as well.

Ditto on the heel heights - so relieved!

Shybiker said...

Pretty top, great outfit. You have a knack for putting together wonderful ensembles.

Sheila said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Audi! I am really appreciating lower heels for walking, too.

Love that top!

Lyndsay Matthews said...

I heart those boots!

Larryl Lison said...

it's the boots that really have me drooling.

http://blog.theiconic.com.au/

john calvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
john calvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
john calvin said...

Wow!! Wonderful You seems very modern and looked very beautiful. I like your blog and i bookmarked your blog.So surely i visit again here.

Eagle Auto Glass