Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Incorrigible


Spencer is a lousy photo subject; he won't sit still and inevitably whatever cute thing he's doing that makes you reach for the camera is immediately ceased as soon as he figures out what you're up to. This one was the best of the bunch, and as you can see he had quickly gotten bored and figured he'd just take a break.

This was a weekend outfit; in fact, I wore it for my birthday brunch. I realized that day just what makes me so uncomfortable about maxi skirts: they just feel too breezy and casual for the office. I love wearing this skirt on a weekend, and I got loads of use out of it when I was vacationing in Aix-en-Provence, but at the office it feels awkward, not to mention the fact that I roll over the hem with my office chair. I think this one may just need to be relegated to my days off in order to get the full enjoyment of it.

It's been awhile since you've seen Spencer; he's fully grown now and weighs about 75 pounds. I'm sharing this photo just so you can appreciate how much larger he is than Georgie now, but it shows off one of Spencer's bad habits: yes, my dog is an incorrigible crotch-sniffer. It makes for a lot of embarrassment and apologies at the dog park.

Top: LA Made
Scarf: Rapsodia (Argentina)
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Cole Haan

11 comments:

Une Femme said...

LOL! But he's a cutie though. I hadn't even thought about rolling over a maxi skirt with your office chair, but yeah, that would be a problem. I still kind of want one for casual wear, though. Yours looks great here!

tea said...

So true about maxi skirts! I love to wear them, but they do feel too casual at work, and yup, they definitely get tangled up in the office chair wheels!

The dog my family had when I was a little kid was named Spencer. Good name!

Shybiker said...

Dogs live through their nose. It's how they navigate through life and experience things. Sorry your pup causes discomfort; he's just being himself.

Adrienne said...

Being a dog lover I totally get that your dog never wants to cooperate and be a star of your blog.... Love the outfit I think it is too casual for office attire well that depends upon your office I guess.

notSupermum said...

Lovely outfit and gorgeous dogs! My Tessie is a bum sniffer and will run up to people when we're out walking and stick her nose right up strangers' bums. I just pretend I'm not with her.

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

I call the desk chair / maxi entanglement "the Isadora Duncan factor," and it does feel ridiculous! I have a couple of better-behaved and also more office-appropriate maxi garments which don't do this, all more tailored than flowy: on a slight A-line or essentially a maxi length pencil skirt. The balance is hard to find, as maxis are most usually either too casual or too formal-wear for the office.

What gorgeous, fit and healthy-looking doggies! Hilarious photo of honesty in action.

WendyB said...

Ah, yes, the chair vs hemline issue! Very tough.

Lynne DeVenny said...

Audi, yes I laughed, but still, that picture has an undeniable style element. You've taken style bloggers with their pooches to a whole new level.

I'm short, and I do have a hard time with maxis anywhere, but especially at work in a historic house, lots of walking up and down stairs, and stepping on of longer skirts.

Molly McIsaac said...

Wow, you are ROCKING that maxi.

http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Love your style and find it very inspirational...I am always trying for your seemingly effortless modern look. But I totally geek out over the dogs! They have such huge personalities that come through on the blog. My own pit bull agrees!

Sheila said...

I tend to do my maxis more for casual Fridays, you're right.

Hee, Spencer's very cute!