Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birthday Activities


I recently celebrated my 43rd birthday by, among other things, buying myself these ankle boots. The details are a bit difficult to see in these photos; one of these days I'll take a close-up of just the boots by themselves (or you can follow the link below and see them on the Zappos site). They have a removable harness-type assembly around them that gives them a unique look, but they also have just the right amount of Chelsea-boot vibe that I was looking for. For their inaugural wearing I paired them with my mod dress, which is the very garment that got me thinking about Chelsea boots in the first place.

Other birthday activities included a nice brunch at Absinthe, a foot and back massage, and a bottle of wine. I think it's important to indulge a little on your birthday.

Dress: Promod
Cardigan: Max Studio
Boots: See by Chloe  (Incidentally, the reviewer on Zappos is correct in saying the size equivalents are off; I fortunately predicted this would be the case and ordered my correct euro size, 40, without paying attention to the fact that Zappos told me it equaled a US size 10. It doesn't; it's a standard size 9 just like every other pair of euro 40's I've ever tried on. Both Zappos and Endless seem to have issues with size equivalents.)

11 comments:

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Happy Birthday, Audi! What wonderful celebrations. This dress is such a lovely piece. Pairing it with right-size excellent boots? Nicely done!

Patience_Crabstick said...

Coming out of lurkdom to say that that dress is fabulous! Happy birthday!

Lynne DeVenny said...

I agree with celebrating birthdays with special treats. New ankle boots and a massage sound perfect. But I don't think I can wait until my birthday for the boots.

You look beautiful as always.

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Audi! What a nice present for yourself - great boots!

I'm also a Euro 40 and it bugs me about the so-called "equivalent" sizing.

Stacy Lomman said...

Great outfit! Love color blocking.
Happy happy birthday.

anna catherine said...

Be lated happy birthday. your have great style. i like your outfit.

klima servisi

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Let me add my voice to the birthday wishes!! Boots are always good for any reason: birthdays, anniversaries, other people's birthdays, you name it. The dress is spectacular, too.

LPC said...

I swear you get cooler by the minute. Happiest of birthdays!

Charlotte Redman said...

I came upon this blog accidentally and found myself transfixed - probably because (as my partner put it) if Helen Mirren and I had a love child, she would look like you!

Our styles are so similar, I thought I'd take a photo of myself to see if you agree. You can find it here, and should feel free to post it on your blog if you'd like. http://www.flickr.com/photos/87521605@N02/8013978369/in/photostream

Thanks for a really wonderful blog. I am regularly inspired by you! All my best, Deb

Shybiker said...

Happy Birthday, Audi! Good choice for a gift to yourself.

Linda said...

Happy birthday! And what is UP with retailers insisting that euro size 40 is equivalent to U.S. size 10 when everyone knows it's 9? Are all the other size equivalents similarly inaccurate and it's just a coincidence that we all happen to wear the same size?