Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mushroom


This long cardigan is fun to wear when it's windy, since it's lightweight and blows around like a cape. The top is one that I bought before my last trip to France. It's tissue thin and was great by itself for the hot days in Aix-en-Provence, but it needs to be layered up for most days here. Now that we're into the heart of summer we're getting a lot of the cold, foggy days that San Francisco is known for, which means layers and boots.

The top is sort of a mushroom color, which frankly isn't very flattering to my skin tone, but pairing it with the cream-colored cardigan and accenting it with black brought in the necessary contrast to make it work.

Top: LA Made
Cardigan: Twelfth Street Cynthia Vincent
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: Brako
Necklace: Metal Pointu
Bag: Boktier

7 comments:

Ignorant Awareness said...

I love increasing the versatility of unflattering colours in my wardrobe, too!

I'm a hijabi though (one who wears a headscarf), so my quick fix is just to wear an unflatteringly coloured top with a bright scarf that suits me =]

So you might find it useful to also wear the mushroom-coloured top with a neck scarf (in a colour that suits your skin), if you like? =]

Diana said...

I love the texture of that top, and how you contrasted the flowing cardigan with slim pants and boots.
One day I'll have to see what San Francisco weather is like first hand - we won't have boot weather here in Florida until October at the earliest.

Tayyub Khakan said...

It is really a new fashion so nice I like mostly handbag and shoes. so nice

Shybiker said...

Whew. This outfit is so attractive in an advanced way that all I can do is marvel at it. Nice job, buddy.

Audi said...

A scarf around your face is the ultimate means to counteract an unflattering color!

Audi said...

A scarf around your face is the ultimate means to counteract an unflattering color!

Radhiana said...

love your outfit