Friday, August 31, 2012

Awkward



There's something about wearing full length skirts or dresses that always makes me feel a bit awkward, so pairing this skirt with the leather vest and studded boots was a great way to counteract that sensation. Maybe it's just that long skirts make me feel sort of hippie, even though they don't necessarily look that way. I always love the way this skirt looks in photos, but I still find it hard to get used to when I have it on.

Do you ever wear things that you know look great but make you feel a bit awkward or 'off' somehow?

Vest: Cotelac
Top: a gift from Sal
Skirt: Anthropologie
Boots: All Black
Bracelet: Betsey Johnson

7 comments:

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

This outfit is exactly what I like to wear every day. I'm going to have to find a vest like that, too!! It's funny you mention the comfort thing because I'm the opposite. My comfort zone mainly consists of maxis. Anything short makes me nervous, even though I really want to like it. Maybe it'll be easier when cooler weather comes and I can wear tights and boots.

I think you look great.

Megan Mae said...

My favorite part of this is the burgundy tee layered under everything. I think you always manage to keep things slightly off kilter and interesting. I occasionally run into clothing that I like, but it just doesn't work for me.

Megan said...

I have that feeling when I wear a midi denim circle skirt that I have. I try to counteract that feeling by wearing fabulous shoes.

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Hi Audi, I do get that feeling too. I associate it with unfamiliarity / more recent discoveries I somehow hadn't tried before (super-high-waisted pants, full floofy skirts), or with technically "flattering" things which just aren't my style (most v-neck sweaters and tees just feel too preppy).

The former eases over time, and the latter I don't push. You're right that this skirt looks great! Fantastic with the vest and boots.

Shybiker said...

Love the vest. LOVE it. Can I borrow it? :)

Kristel Klear said...

I have the same feeling with my maxi skirt. Though I LOVE it. But I cannot wear it at work, I am in science too and too afraid it might get dirty in the lab or I may look like a total nerd when putting a lab coat over it ;)
So maxi skirt in the weekend it is.

The mum of all trades said...

Love the skirt, you have put the whole thing together really well.