Wednesday, July 4, 2012

San Francisco: Bring A Sweater!


I've been doing a bit of shopping lately; it began in preparation for my trip to France, which I will actually be just returning from by the time this post goes live. At some point it got very hot in San Francisco (ok, "hot" being 85F), and I realized I was going to be traveling somewhere even hotter and didn't own even one pair of shorts that wasn't either 'working-around-the-house' or 'Burning Man.' And come to think of it, I also didn't own very many lightweight, short-sleeved tops that were suitable to wear without a cardigan or some other upper layer. After all, I live in a city where our motto could be, "San Francisco: Bring A Sweater!"

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this beachy, sun-drenched t-shirt once it starts to get cold again (which is probably 2 weeks from now), but fuck it. Layering it up with a denim jacket and scarf doesn't look so bad, now does it?

Scarf: Ralph Lauren
Shirt: Chris & Carol
Jacket: Tulle (thrifted)
Pants: Michael Kors
Shoes: Steve Madden

10 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the red pants!! I hope you had a nice trip.

Megan said...

Layering looks great and you're a master of this particular skill.

I really like the yellow-blue top with your bright red pants.

Megan Mae said...

The tee goes great with the bright pants, but I definitely can see it working layered up with sweaters or comfy skirts. I love your red cut out flats. Very cute1

Lisa said...

ha I seem to be sharing your attitude about the weather. It's supposed to hit 75 here in Seattle tomorrow. Whooooo! I'm going to be cramming all my summer outfits into just a few weeks before it turns cool again.
The colors in this outfit are fabulous. Have a wonderful time in France on your free days.

Shybiker said...

Love the vibrancy of this. The colors, the diagonal stripes, the sassy attitude. And your profanity makes me chuckle.

Phyllis said...

Oh gosh I hope you're not on Air France! That airline has serious problems with lost bags. My best friend is 8 days into a 9 day Paris vacation and her bags are still missing. Some people have been waiting over two weeks and one woman has been waiting 45 days. There are many many complaints on the Air France Facebook page.

WendyB said...

You'll just have to keep traveling to warm places to get use out of the shirt!

Ashley Batz said...

Hi there! Would love for you to check out our store, Circle & Square in the city sometime! Or feel free to browse our inventory online at circleandsquaresf.com- I'd love your input on your favorites- maybe we can do a guest post sometime?

Linda said...

Audi, I've just discovered your blog today and am so happy after spending hours of my time over months trying to find what turned out to be you! Style, over 40, work, not 6' tall 100 lbs without curves, multiple photos to study...I'm in heaven. I started at the beginning of your blog only to find photos are gone.

My one burning question right now is, if you don't mind answering: how tall are you? I am 5'3" with the shortest waist imaginable, my self-image is of being "a box." I'm not happy when I look at myself in photos especially when I think I've got it all going on :) I don't have the quality of your wardrobe but I've got some good things and love that I can buy great shoes on eBay to shake things up.

Again, thank you!

Linda

Audi said...

Linda: Welcome to the blog! I'm 5'8", so pretty average height. I generally don't like my photos either; I think it's very common even among people who plaster themselves all over the internet. ;-)