Monday, July 2, 2012

Peep Show


It was a very warm day when I wore this, and the SF breezes did their best to create a peep show with this wrap dress, which I wore without a slip because of the heat. Luckily this oversized handbag is just the right shape to carry in such a way that it holds the dress together when I'm walking. It's important to look nonchalant even when your dress is threatening to expose your underwear.

I just love the silhouette that this dress creates. The draped neckline, the nipped in waist, and the cascade of ruffles on the skirt really accentuate my curves and even create them where they don't exist. I feel like this dress should earn a commission for all the work it does.

Dress: All Saints
Shoes: Bettye Muller
Bag: Coccinelle

9 comments:

LPC said...

Nonchalance is especially important in those situations:). That dress does look fantastic. How about we have lunch soon and go to AllSaints together? :)

Chelsea said...

that dress should earn a commission! you wear it well!

Terri said...

It's a gorgeous wrap--I love the ruffles.

Sal said...

That dress really is glorious on you, lady!

Sheila said...

Fabulousness! I need some All Saints...

WendyB said...

I think more purses should be sold as dress-holder-down-ers.

Audi said...

LPC: That is a great idea!

Shybiker said...

I definitely admire the "work" this dress does in altering our perception of your shape.

It's also fascinating to me to read descriptions like this of your experience in actually wearing the item, not just putting it on but moving around and living in it. I don't get that opportunity and, in a small way, vacuum up such descriptions to imagine what life is like for you and other women. Thank you for that.

I pay for fuel for my motorcycle; perhaps I should pay you for the fuel you provide for my imagination. :)

Headmost Fashion Blog said...

interesting dress!! I'd love to have a chance to wear it.