Thursday, June 21, 2012

Free Days


What a couple of weeks it's been. Last week (I think it was last week, anyway) I had a last-minute work trip that took me out to the east coast, and this week I've been scrambling around trying to get everything caught up before I head off to France again. What's great is that I was able to stop in Manhattan just long enough to meet someone I'd long wanted to meet in person, Ally of Shybiker. What a delight! Ally is every bit as thoughtful, articulate, and interesting as you'd expect, and we chatted for hours over dinner about an incredible array of topics. I even coaxed a bit of the lawyer side out while discussing the constitutional aspects of the current battle for marriage equality, and how the Supreme Court has become increasingly politicized in recent years. I do so love a lively and intelligent conversationalist, and Ally really delivers.

As I mentioned, I'm off to France again for work on Saturday, and this time rather than spending my free days in Paris I'm heading to Aix-en-Provence. I was completely inspired after meeting up with Deja Pseu the last time I was in France, and this time of year should be just perfect weather-wise. I only have about 3 days there, but who can argue with 3 free days in Aix-en-Provence?

Cardigan: Cynthia Vincent
Top: Asos
Skirt: Anthropologie
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Shoes: Cydwoq
Bag: Boktier

7 comments:

Patti said...

How great to meet Ally, it sounds like a wonderful meet-up between two fine bloggers and minds!

You're looking fab in that Anthro skirt.

déjà pseu said...

Oh how wonderful!! I'm sure you'll enjoy Aix as much as we did!

Megan said...

I would like your job, please. =) I just get to go to sexy places like Winnipeg or Ottawa.

This outfit is so fabulous with the long layers and flowy bits and the belt and metallic accents give it a little edginess. And I love how your snake tattoo's head is peeking out at the top.

Sheila said...

Ah, I would so love to meet Ally (and you, of course!). What fun to be off jet-setting for work! I am just chained a desk.

Love this outfit, Audi - the flowy layers are just wonderful on you. You look very 1920s in this.

Megan Mae said...

Aww totally jealous of your meet-up with Ally. Sounds like a wonderful time the two of you had.

Shybiker said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet words, pal.

I mentioned you in my last post so take a look if you haven't seen it yet.

Kultur und Stil said...

The skirt looks wonderful! I'm searching a striped skirt now for quite a long time, but so far I couldn't find one that satisfies me... But I'm very "picky" (I don't know if this is the right english word...) when it comes to clothes.
And I love the book shelf behind you, I might buy glas-doors for my ikea-book-shelfs soon too ;-)

xxx Anita