Thursday, June 28, 2012

Creamsicle


This skirt started out life as a strapless dress, which I found at the Goodwill in a size 2; way too small for me to ever hope to fit into. But I loved the fabric and the print so much that I decided to buy it anyway and figure out later what to do with it. After languishing over the winter months in my closet, I finally took it to the tailor and had them convert it to a skirt. Isn't it delicious? I love the saturated orange and creamy white together; it reminds me of an orange Creamsicle, which was one of my favorite treats as a kid.

Converted skirt: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Noa Noa
Top: Michael Stars
Sandals: Paula Urban (from a shop in Lisbon)
Dog: Georgie

8 comments:

déjà pseu said...

It IS like a creamsicle! Love that print and clever re-purposing.

Megan Mae said...

It is a beautiful skirt. I love the richness of the orange. I could use a creamsicle with this heat on the east coast. Sweltering!

Georgie is such a good model posing with you. Hahah.

Megan said...

Fabulous outfit. I love the purple short cardi with the orange big floral print.

And Georgie is so adorable. She's lucky to have such a great home.

Rebecca said...

That print is too cute to pass up, so I'm glad you were able to convert it into a skirt.

Mary Walker Designs said...

What a wonderful way to make the material you love into something for yourself. I'll have to remember that the next time I have size dismay.

readinginskirts said...

How pretty! I don't think I've ever seen an orchid print before--I'm really enamored with that one. I've been saving a thrifted black-and-red floral maxi-dress for a while to refashion into a shorter dress or skirt...it's high time I actually sprung into action.

Shybiker said...

Love the skirt. How smart to salvage it from the dress.

Sheila said...

Aw, Georgie!

Orange and purple are two of my very favourite colours together - awesome look as always, Audi!