Monday, April 2, 2012

Low Maintenance


For this outfit I took one of my favorites from last year, and mixed it up a little by adding the tulle underskirt and skull scarf, and changing both the cardigan and the shoes. In fact the only items the two outfits have in common are the dress and the tights.

My new, perfect cardigan is exactly the right length and shape for an outfit with a 50's vibe. For the previous incarnation of this outfit I tied a long cardigan at the waist to achieve the same effect, and while I liked the look of it, the cardigan itself wasn't really designed to be tied, and required a fair amount of adjusting and readjusting to make it work. This version was low maintenance, which is always a good thing.

Dress: J. Crew
Cardigan: Survival
Scarf: Alexander McQueen
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Tights: Wolford
Shoes: BCBGirls
Ring and bracelet: Metal Pointu

14 comments:

Terri said...

the tulle underskirt is perfect and the scarf is just the right accent. It's a very striking look.

Megan Mae said...

I love how ladylike this look is, but the punky punch of tights and scarf balance it. Also it sounds like you found the holy grail of cardigans. It's a perfect fit!

Jude said...

I love this outfit!

Patti said...

What a great silhouette! I love the underskirt, brilliant idea.

Megan said...

Lovely outfit. The addition of the tulle underskirt and the Alexander McQueen scarf give this a nice soft, flowy look.

And those Wolford tights are the best!

Shybiker said...

Ooohhh.... *plop*

Sorry, I just swooned. The beauty of this outfit overwhelmed me. And still does.

Perfect color-combination; great designs; and extra-points for the underskirt. If I could choose one outfit to wear, this would be it.

D said...

This. Is. Fabulous. I adore that color combo, and then you go adding 50's vibe and skulls? Perfect :)

Sal said...

Perfection! Gah, I love everything about this outfit.

jessi roman said...

Those shoes are amazing! I also love the underskirt idea! :D

Sheila said...

I love all the elements in this - the tights are so awesome, the scarf, the floofy underskirt with the red...eee!

And that cardi is the perfect cropped cut on you.

WendyB said...

I covet those tights -- loving your hair too! It's a little longer, no?

Mia said...

Man, between you and Michael Spookshow, I have had a three-times-louder hankering for black and red than usual. This must be remedied in the coming weeks.

Destrehan's Daughter said...

Just wanted to say that I have been checking out your blog for a really long time. I appreciate that you are able to work skulls like your scarf into work wear. As a lover of things like this in a semi-conservative environment, it gives me great inspiration to try out incorporating more of my quirks into work outfits. Thanks!

Priya Kundu said...

Nice....
http://www.majorbrands.in/