Monday, March 26, 2012

Relics


I assembled this outfit in my head one morning while I was in the shower. I've noticed that I do a lot of my best thinking in there; there's just something about the steam and the hot water that gets my brain going. If I could do my job entirely from the shower I'd be one hell of an employee, though I guess in that case I wouldn't need any snazzy outfits.

Have you tried outfit planning in the shower? It's quite a time-saver, since you otherwise can't really multi-task while getting clean. It also beats standing there shivering in my robe for 10 minutes while I stare at my wardrobe.

I love all the silver details in this outfit -- the zippers and eyelets on the vest, the buttons on the skirt hem, and the studs on the boots. The skirt, which I've had for ages, looks like it was made to go with the vest. The sweater is also many years old, so it's great that the vest breathed some new life into a couple of closet relics.

Vest: Cotélac
Skirt: Banana Republic
Boots: All Black
Ring: Metal Pointu

12 comments:

D said...

Oooh I love this! Your vest and skirt are amazing. Outfit planning in the shower works well for me too, though I don't rely on it much. I stress out if I don't have my clothes picked out by the time I go to bed!

Chelsea said...

that vest is just fantastic. oooh and the skirt too!

I do a lot of outfit planning in the shower too :) or before I get myself out of bed. I tell myself I'm not dozing, I'm being productive by planning my outfit for the day!

Megan Mae said...

I do the same thing in the shower. I find myself running late if I haven't thought of something and have to stand in front of my clothing rack.

I love the effect of the vest with that skirt. It shifts the herringbone-esque fabric from classic to futuristic. The pleats give it a sharp look.

Megan said...

I usually do my best thinking just before I fall asleep. I'm way to sleepy in the morning to too much thinking in the shower other than "wash hair, condition hair, wash face..."

I love that vest. It's edgy and totally "work appropriate" (whatever that means).

Jane said...

I LOVE!!!!!! Very lovely! :)

Shybiker said...

That vest is amazing. And, coming from a biker, that's real praise!

Plus, it goes so well with the skirt that it creates the instant base of an outfit that looks designed as one ensemble. Very nice.

You're probably been told this before but you select clothes that fit your body so perfectly. You really know what you're doing.

Celynne said...

I just love all the outfits involving this vest, you style it so creatively! I really dig the pleated detail on that skirt. This outfit is killer, and it looks great on you. I try to plan outfits in the shower, but then I usually forget because my mind is going a mile a minute, or I just can't remember what's clean or not!

misscrazy77 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misscrazy77 said...

You've changed my life!!!

Adrienne said...

Another smashing outfit. I just love the mix of biker chic with office executive.

lsaspacey said...

Hey! The pose in your entry matches the pose in your header exactly!

Sheila said...

I love this outfit! The femininity of the skirt goes well with the "rougher" vest and boots.

I do my outfit planning while I'm falling asleep - it's soothing and relaxes me. I also like to browse through my wardrobe the night before. Fortunately, my closet is big and I can see everything, which makes it a lot easier.