Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Restraint



This dress is the last of my Paris purchases, and it has a fun memory to go with it. I'd been out shopping all day and wound up over near the Centre Pompidou, where I stopped at a nearby creperie for a galette and a very large carafe of wine. Feeling warm and merry, I set out towards my hotel and along the way spotted a Promod store that was still open. Tipsy shopping ensued, and I ended up popping into a couple more stores and finding some great gifts in addition to this adorable dress for myself. Surprisingly, while at Promod I limited myself to just this dress and a few basic layering shirts including the one shown here. I tell you this showed remarkable restraint, given how fond I am of Promod and how many other cute, mod style dresses they had on the racks.

A few people commented on these boots when I posted them the other day. They're made by Brako, a Spanish company whose beautiful shoes are designed both for comfort and style. In fact I've made the 3-mile trek to work several times in these already and they're perfect for walking. I found them at a wonderful shoe store here in SF near Union Square, called Nobel Shoes. Brakos seem to be difficult to find this side of the Atlantic even online, so I'm happy to have stumbled upon them in a brick and mortar shop; a shop which incidentally I pass very often on my way to and from work. I expect there may be more Brako shoes in my future.

Dress, shirt: Promod
Boots: Brako
Bracelet, ring: Metal Pointu

13 comments:

Terri said...

A most excellent dress! I have never ventured to shop after a wine or two...

menopauselsupermodel said...

I LOVE IT!!! It looks like some a chic Parisenne woman would wear!!

Megan Mae said...

Well hooray for the lapse that let you snag that dress. It's really adorable.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

It's amazing, I can imagine there were lots of lovelies that it would have been hard to let go.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

LPC said...

Wow. I love that dress. Kinda Mondrian, right?

Kasmira said...

What a great dress! It totally goes with your 60s vibe. I would love to see a close-up of the boots!

Stacey said...

I totally LOVE this outfit!!

thevillaindiluvian said...

Love those boots, and I love Promod. The "winter" coat I wear (and have been wearing for the last two years) is from Promod-- I bought it in Munich. You just made me want to go back. :D Thanks!

Sheila said...

I'm not familiar with Promod, nor Brakos shoes, but I love this look on you, top to bottom. That dress is just awesome.

Celynne said...

Wicked dress! I wish I could go shopping in Paris, le sigh.

Moe said...

I love that dress. You look great as always. Must go to Paris at least once in my lifetime

stacy said...

I <3 MOD!!

fashion_nerd said...

That dress is gorgeous, and those boots are incredible! I may have to do some research on where I can locate Brako shoes here in Utah :)

Just wanted to say that I love your blog - thanks for all of your great advice and tutorials!

-Jennifer
frayed-threads.blogspot.com