Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Excursion



Spencer is becoming quite the handsome dog, is he not? He's also more than twice the size he was when we brought him home. At about 8 months, he now weighs 65 pounds and is a couple inches taller than Georgie. Since his knee injury is still a problem and we can't yet have surgery performed on it (and would rather avoid it entirely if we can), he's now having regular sessions of therapeutic swimming in a heated pool. Seriously, if I had wanted children, they would've turned out to be the most spoiled assholes the world has ever known. It's a good thing for everyone that my nurturing impulses are focused on dogs.

A couple of weekends ago I went on a shopping excursion with a friend of mine who's also Mark's ex-girlfriend (yeah, you read that right). We ostensibly went shopping specifically to find her an outfit for her birthday party, but along the way I made a few purchases of my own. You know how it is.

This coral cardigan and teal pants were two of the spoils from our excursion. My friend and I spotted the pants right away, but in bright orange. When we got over to the rack however, I found that the teal pair was a lot prettier. They're a micro-corduroy fabric with a good amount of stretch, and are crazy comfortable. I've already worn them a few times and they've proven to fit in really well with my quick-conversion, walking to work dressing strategy.

Cardigan, pants: Anthropologie
Top: Express, a gift
Shoes: Fly London

14 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Spencer is great (a super guard dog) and I love the colors of this outfit..particularly the cardigan!

Patti said...

I love his face so much. A dog who knows where his love comes from. Your new pants look fab, and so does your new cardi - nice back details!

Megan Mae said...

Spencer is growing into such a dapper fella! Look at that sweet face.

I love your new coral cardi, the color is gorgeous. I had to do a double take to see that your pants were indeed deep teal. What a wonderful alternative color for pants.

WendyB said...

Wow, big doggy!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

LOve the shoes and what a handsome dog.

notSupermum said...

Spencer is so handsome, I think Tessie would like him :-)

Sowilo said...

OMG, I am howling here...! I think I am forever going to remember your comment on spoiled a~holes till the day I pop on over to the other side!

Love the sweater and pants!

GenkiOriana said...

I wish I could spoil my dog. She doesn't play with anything or really enjoy anything I give her except food. So I give her the craziest, ridiculous meat treats and she seems content. ;) Nice outfit: looks comfy! I love the necklace. :)

Karen said...

Ooh - maybe we can contribute!
Our Norwegian Elkound tore his ACL last year, and we got him a brace for it rather than have the surgery & try to crate him for 6-9 months. It was genius.

We got it from www.woundwear.com. - and although it took a while to get, we were impressed with the precision of the measurements, and the fit and build quality. And best of all, a year later, with no surgery, our 12-yr old boy is back to his usual, bouncy self.

Jonathan Crow Rosenfeld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audi said...

Karen: Thanks for the tip -- I will definitely look into it!

Shybiker said...

That dog is growing like a weed! It's nice to see a happy canine.

Marion said...

Oh my gosh - Spencer is probably one of the most handsome dogs I've ever seen!
And I'm loving this look. Coral is one of my favorite colors of the season, and it looks so great with your skin tone. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does your top have a little sheen or sparkle on the neckline?

Love it!
XO - Marion

Meadow Walk said...

"Seriously, if I had wanted children, they would've turned out to be the most spoiled assholes the world has ever known."

Oh Audi... BWAHAHHAAA! I know I don't post much but please know that I totally love you, and not just for the cool outfits. You are my idol!