Monday, November 28, 2011

Spirit



I wore this to work on Halloween, so as to be in the Halloween spirit and still not have to deal with a costume. It was a good call, because pretty much no one downtown wore a costume, and also because this was way more comfortable. And yes, Halloween was almost a month ago and I'm just getting around to posting this now. It has just been that busy lately.

If you're in the US, I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend. I certainly did; we spent a lot of time relaxing for a change, and for Thanksgiving dinner Mark and I went to Harris's for some delicious steak. OK it wasn't exactly a traditional meal, but I've made up for it by spending the last couple of weeks warming up for International Pie For Breakfast Month with plenty of pumpkin pie. It's always Thanksgiving when there's pumpkin pie.


Dress: Skunkfunk
Tights: Sock Dreams
Boots: Modern Vintage
Necklace: Untamed Menagerie

12 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a cute outfit...love the tights!!

Diana said...

I love it! The dress is gorgeous and the whole outfit is perfect for Halloween without going over the top.

Patti said...

Yes, pumpkin pie, with a little whipped cream, makes any day a holiday. You look fantastic and I really love those tights and boots.

Megan Mae said...

The tights and the fun necklace really give that outfit an oomph! I wouldn't say no to steak on Thanksgiving, sounds delicious.

Shybiker said...

My favorite color-combination, terrific tights and a joyful attitude all make this outfit a winner. Glad to hear your life is so sweet.

interrobangsanon said...

Oh, that necklace! My favorite pajama shirt is an oversized tshirt from Deathwish Piano Movers that says "Memento Mori" across the front and has the Grim Reaper (complete with piano key wings) across the back.

Healthy and Homemade said...

To die for, you look so cute and so fabulous =D

Fashion Flirt said...

I love argyle tights! I have a pair (somewhere... somewhere...) that I'm now inspired to dig out! Love how the argyle makes the bright dress both brighter and more sedate. It's a wonderful combination!

GenkiOriana said...

I didn't costume this year either for the same reason: comfort and lack of others doing it. I did wear tights and a witch hat though, so woot for that :) I love your dress- it's adorable :)

WendyB said...

Pie for breakfast?! Sign me up!

Mervat said...

Audi, we were recently in the US and I tell you there was pumpkin everything from pie to ice-cream (all of which was delicious, of course!). My husband and I were wondering whether there is a pracrtical reason(ie,all that pumpkin from Halloween!) for the popularity of pumpkin around the time of Thanksgiving?

PS.S. Even though we visited Orlando and every theme park that city has to offer, our children (18,14 and 9) loved San Fran the best!

Audi said...

Mervat: I think the abundance of pumpkins simply has to do with it being a fall crop in the US. According to American folklore it was served as part of the first Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm pretty sure that much of what we're told about the first Thanksgiving isn't at all accurate.