Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Duster



I found this funky sheer zebra duster at a thrift store near my mom's house a few months ago when I was up there to visit. It was actually a dress when in combination with the long black liner that came with it, but I much prefer it this way. I made a couple of modifications: I hemmed it from straight across to the tapered hem you see here, and I added a pleat in the back to give it some shape at the waist. It was quite the boxy 90's shape before.


This was a perfect outfit for our gorgeous fall weather. It was warm enough outside to bare a little skin, but not quite warm enough to expose all the limbs in their entirety. Boots and socks and bare legs was just the thing.

Duster: thrifted
Dress: Max Studio
Belt: Lazarro
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen
Bag: Lucky

13 comments:

Carbon Girl said...

Two updates in a row! Nice! I am curious about how you made the pleat in the back. I have several items of clothing that I have wanted to do this to but do not know how.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love this...it is seriously cool! I have always loved dusters and I am taken with your styling here!

Megan Mae said...

Great duster. Kudos for taking something and rejuvenating it with a couple of well-placed seams. I love the black with the ox-blood leather accessories.

Kitty said...

Gorgeous Audi! I caught my breath as the picture loaded up - love that look - what an awesome coat.

Deonsnider said...

Hi readers,,,
If you are going to get married, surely you should prepare everything for your wedding, like a right wedding dress for you or your spouse, marriage hall, foods, accessories, and certainly there has to prepare the appropriate ring for your wedding. If you want to buy a wedding sets,

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So, so cool! I am awed by your transformational abilities - the pleat makes the piece so perfect.

Sal said...

LOVE. Dusters rule the world, don't they?

Jessica said...

I absolutely love this!

GenkiOriana said...

Great alterations! I've never thought about taking a set apart and really just fixing it to fit my body, even though I do sew. Hrmmm! Nice look. Very work friendly :)

Fawn said...

Dude! Score!

Shybiker said...

Whoa... what a gorgeous item. You seem to have a knack for finding dramatic clothes. Maybe I should follow you around in stores...

Ravina Sniper said...

I love the rich blacks and browns together! That duster is super fabulous, too. =)

RedHead said...

Loving this - I love long light shirts to throw over simple dresses.
PS Only just seen I am in your blogroll, thankyou!