Thursday, October 13, 2011

Statement-Making


How's this for a well accessorized outfit? Or rather it was until I had to go to work and leave these two charming canines at home. I can't say I'd get a whole lot of work done if I could take them with me, cute as they are.

A few months ago something rare happened; I fell hard for a pair of designer sunglasses, and decided to take the risk and buy them, even though I do tend to be hard on my sunnies. I'd seen several other bloggers wearing the Prada 'Baroque' round style and thought they were fabulous, but round glasses don't really work for my face and I gave no thought to buying any until I saw the related cat eye style.

I don't typically put a whole lot of thought into the sunglasses I buy, but something that Peter said when Sal and I met up with him in New York has stuck with me. I was trying on sunglasses and found a pair that was... fine. They would have worked. But Peter looked at them and said something to the effect of, "They aren't really bold enough for your style." And that comment just about knocked me over, because it was so right on the money -- here I put all this effort into creating statement-making outfits, and the accessory that's right there on my face is typically ho-hum and boring.

When I saw this pair, I knew they were the kind of sunglasses that can turn even a jeans and t-shirt outfit into something statement-making. And yes I have to be extra vigilant with them, but they make me feel so glamorous that they're well worth the effort. Thanks to Peter's chance comment, I now feel like I have a pair of sunglasses that can stand up the the boldest of my outfits.

Dress: eShakti
Cardigan: American Eagle Outfitters
Leggings: Black Market Baby
Boots: All Black
Sunglasses: Prada

16 comments:

LPC said...

Yes! I think you commented saying you liked those once? They are great glasses and exactly Audi.

Rebecca said...

I really like the glasses, but the cute pups are the highlight of this post!

Sheila said...

They are fabulous. Such wise words would apply to any glasses...as I contemplate new ones for me, I will remind myself that I need bold, not neutral!

WendyB said...

I have those glasses and I LOVE them! people stop me on the street to ask about them! We need to get together and take a twins photo.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Perfection! Everybody looks at our faces, so we should adorn them in the most authentic way -- and these are beautiful. Oh, and the dogs -- I love their sweet faces too : >

Celynne said...

I'm digging that blue dress! Those are wicked glasses, they really suit you. I've yet to find a satisfactory shape for glasses, I feel they all look weird on me hah.

Franca said...

They are fabulous! I will be investing in some prescription sunnies next summer, so I'll have to really figure out a shape that works for me. Glad you found yours!

notSupermum said...

Awww, lovely to see the dogs! How is Spencer now, is he settled? x

Megan Mae said...

Awwww I love how your pups posed with you. It's too perfect!

I looove the color combination of your outfit and the new sunnies are adorable. I think it's always important to think about glasses, but as a glasses wearer, I'm rather aware of how the things I wear on my face affect my style as much as my hair might.

Shybiker said...

OMG! Now those are glasses! The outfit is cute, too.

Cynthia said...

Love the sunglasses - I mostly wear Serengeti drivers to cut the glare, but I ended up in a similar situation with my reading glasses. I had found a pair that was "fine" and then I found these fabulous Fendis that were fan-freaking-tastic. I was hesitant because of the price and then remembered that I wear my glasses every.single.day and that I'd had the same frames for 10 years previous to this.

Needless to say, I bought the Fendis three years ago and have never regretted the decision - they make me happy every time I put them on. So... good for you for getting sunnies that make you happy.

Ravina Sniper said...

First of all,those furry accessories are just demanding a snuggle, oof! SO CUTE.
Second! You look stunning, as always. I adore the bright blue with the burgundy here - I wear a lot of both colors but never thought to put them together before! The sunglasses thing makes so much sense when you put it that way, I totally just had a *facepalm* moment. Ha!

CP said...

I just discovered your blog, and love - LOVE! -- it! This outfit is so amazing. The cardigan, the dress, the boots, the dogs -- I'm swooning, can you tell? =)

Kelsey
charmingpumpkin.blogspot.com

ReaderRita said...

My mantra:
Glasses are jewelry for your face!

Kimberly said...

Aud, I LOVE this dress. I'm checking out the designers website right now!

Love, your sissy

Furniture Los angeles said...

That dress and those boots are great!!! I love the pop of the blue and the embroidery on the skirt...and with the dogs next to you, you look like an heiress or something!