Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sporadic



Wow, that was an unexpectedly lengthy absence. Sorry about that everyone; life just seems to be getting in the way of my entire blogging experience right now. I haven't been keeping up with my reading, with my commenting, and clearly not with my own blogging. I'm afraid the sporadic posting will continue for some time to come, because although I've finally wrapped everything up at my old job I'm now busy getting settled in at the new one, and Mark and I are furiously working away getting everything ready for our new rental apartment. But things are progressing nicely, and it sure does feel great to be in a job that I'm excited and hopeful about. It doesn't hurt that we're into our most glorious weather here in SF right now, so I'm enjoying days of bare limbs and sandals at last.

This outfit is a few weeks old now, but I'm happy to finally post it because it was an instant favorite. The knotted cardigan over the A-line dress has a classic 50's shape, but the bold black and red, bandage-style tights and studded boots give it a modern edge. This outfit was inspired by Prabal Gurung's fall RTW line, but it feels much more casual and easy to wear. I liked this outfit so much that I wore it that evening for girls' night out. I liked how the shiny silver necklace just peeks out at the edges of the cardigan, so as not to distract too much from the contrasty red and black.

Thanks for hanging in there as I get my life settled down again!

Dress: J. Crew
Cardigan: Express
Tights: Wolford
Boots: All Black
Necklace, earrings: Ambiance on Haight Street
Bangles: Amrita Singh

18 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Hey, we've missed you! But I totally understand how, uh, real life! is more interesting : > Love this red and black look, you look gorgeous and very happy.

Tina said...

I love everything about this outfit!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I look forward to your posts...but I completely understand about life getting in the way...sometimes blogging is a challenge!! I can see why this outfit was an instant favorite...I love it and would love to do something similar after I lose a little more weight! I really like your patterned hose...cool!

Melissa said...

Really missed you! Love this outfit. Long time follower, first time commenter! Good luck with everything on your plate right now, but don't forget about us too!

Beth said...

YUM! This outfit is wonderful - I love the boots with the 50's-ish dress.

As for absences, I think we'd all worry about what wasn't getting done if you WERE posting on your regular schedule! Concentrate on what you need to do right now and we'll be happy to see you when you can pop up and wave hi.

And congratulations on the new job, by the way :) I guessed wrong, but happily so!

Celynne said...

Good to hear things are coming along nicely in your life :) I really like this outfit, it looks great on you, and that red dress is awesome. So many fun textures in this outfit.

Sal said...

I can only imagine the mayhem ...

That dress is killing me. Someday I'm gonna sneak into your closet and steal all your red dresses, I swear.

Shybiker said...

No problem, Audi. Lives get busy. We'll be here when things settle down.

I love this color-combination and the construction of the shapes is delightful. I wish I could put together an outfit as lovely as this.

Sheila said...

Beautiful outfit! I love the dress.

Enjoy all the changes in your life - we'll be here!

Kasmira said...

Welcome back! Love the tights!

Ravina Sniper said...

Back with a bang! This is such a killer outfit, I love everything about it! Those tights with those boots under the red dress - stunning!

Megan Mae said...

Lovely dress, and I adore those tights. They're a fun detail peeking out from under that full skirt.

Hope you're enjoying the mayhem! Life is good.

Jude said...

Glad to see you back! Love the edgy tights with the more traditional silhouette. It's like the future meeting the past in the best way possible.

Sherry said...

I love this!!!! Red is so hot right now and you look absolutely fantastic!!! I love the dress - looks so chic and comfy! I am loving your blog! :)

http://sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com/

Chelsea said...

it's always a treat to see your posts, audi, but I completely get life taking precedence! thanks for sharing this outfit though... it is SUCH a winning combo! you do black and red so freaking well... and I loooove those tights.

hey, maybe when life settles down a bit we could meet up again! would love to hear about your new gig :)

Mom said...

Audi - I love this outfit on you! The knotted sweater gives you such an hourglass figure and the pockets are great. Have missed seeing your sweet face every day but I'm happy for all your new, fun changes. Love you!

ReaderRita said...

Love the red/black combo and your textures! Especially the way the circular necklace links pick up the studs of the boot detail- nice touch.
It's always a delight to see a new post from you, but real life is absolutely the most important thing- enjoy it! No worries- we'll still be here when you want to start posting again.

WendyB said...

Glad to see you!