Thursday, September 1, 2011

Resilient




Here's another black and yellow combo, this time with brown as the intervening color. The belt serves as the transition piece that makes the brown and black work together; note how the antique brass hardware on the belt is in essence a repetition of the brown. I often deploy brass accessories in place of a true brown.

The cords are still hanging in there, and have proven to be more resilient than I imagined. I'm still feeling pretty lazy with regard to putting together really creative outfits, so I've been defaulting to pants quite often. Having a casual, non-denim pair in my wardrobe allows me to add a little variety.


Black top: Asos
Scarf: Forever 21
Belt: Chico's, thrifted
Bracelet: Leslie Danzis
Cords: Marlowe
Shoes: Fly London

14 comments:

Tia said...

Oh man, the yellow/brown combo? She is killing me. I've been slowly getting convinced that I need to introduce some warmer colors into my wardrobe thanks to you and Sal.

LPC said...

I am smitten with the scarf and just can't say why.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Brown cords are *always* cool, esp for the first days of fall. Love the whole look.


-

Beth said...

I wish my "pretty lazy" was anywhere as cool as yours!

Shybiker said...

Smart look. The black top leads us to believe you're a larger person and then the torso exposed below it refutes that expectation, increasing our admiration for both the outfit and your fitness. Nice.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Cool color combo =)

M.K. said...

Love the combination of straight lines (pants, close-fitting shirt) and drape (black sweater & scarf). Am really loving this look!

Megan Mae said...

That cropped top has certainly been a great layering piece. It creates a very unique proportion to the outfit. Also Love the mix of black brown and yellow. Black and brown is one of my favorite color pairings.

ReaderRita said...

Simple, and accessorized beautifully. Casual elegance.

Guinan said...

Love the outfit! How did you tie your scarf?

Audi said...

Guinan: I used Sally's pretzel knot method: http://www.alreadypretty.com/2011/02/pretzel-knot-scarf-tying-tutorial.html

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Love that brown thrown in there, just the right piece.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

lawyerdoll said...

I agree about the nice contrast between the big black top with your tiny fit waist peeking out from under it... great look!

Fly London said...

Loving the clothes and the shoes, looking really good. Were do you get your fly london shoes from?