Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fluttery




This outfit felt very elegant to me, and it was the first time I've worn this skirt with the top tucked in. I wasn't sure about wearing it this way because the top part of the skirt is so clingy, but the striped pattern as well as the angled panel at the waistline is in fact very figure-flattering. Adding the fluttery top and elastic belt also helped to give my waist definition. My legs felt a mile long with my waist being moved so far up my torso.

Top: Asos
Necklace: from a glass shop in Venice
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Ring: Manu Lizzaralde
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Fly London

10 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

This is a fabulous look - your legs *are* a mile and a half long and the whole silhouette is grand. It has a wonderful 1920's - 1930's vibe.

Megan Mae said...

Wow! This is very beautiful. It's got a blend of modern pieces by with a throw back to soft 19th century style empire dresses. Love that necklace. I think the skirt actually shows off your curves.

Chelsea said...

fluttery is my favorite way to be... especially when it's got a bit of a rough edge, like you do so well! love the mix of colors, and the skirt and top are just marvelous together (and individually!).

Celynne said...

Great outfit, and the higher waist gives you such a lovely silhouette. It definitely look very elegant and ladylike. It must be great to walk around in.

ReaderRita said...

A proper Gatsby-ish combo! And those shoes... they're very interesting. Have we seen them before and I'm just not remembering? They're really quite beguiling...

Audi said...

ReaderRita: Indeed you have seen them, many times in fact. There's a better view of them here: http://geekthreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/whiter-than-sour-cream.html

Kimberly said...

I love this combo, A!!

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi Just found your blog, i think it is lovely! Ariane

Sheila said...

That is a gorgeous silhouette on you, Audi - great classic look, but with your own fabulous spin.

fashion1psychology said...

You look fabulous, i love the beautiful top with this great skirt, you pull it off :)

www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com