Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Office Girl


I was happy to pull out these under-worn shoes and give them a spin; they have sort of an early 60's office girl vibe that I thought played well with the vintage-styled dress. In order to add a little color and contrast to the outfit, I used the colorful patterned scarf as a belt.

I'm hoping to finish the second installment of my San Francisco Travel Guide very soon, but as you might imagine my time and energy has been limited lately. It's coming soon though, I promise!


Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
Cardigan: Max Studio
Scarf (worn as belt): vintage
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Tsubo (a gift from Sal)

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yay for the San Francisco travel guide, because I will be there on Friday. I think my main issue will be adapting to suddenly being 35 degrees colder than I have been for the last month. I can wear...pants! And...boots! It will be heavenleh.

Megan Mae said...

I love the neckline of that dress. The scarf adds a nice pop in an otherwise muted color palette.

Shybiker said...

Oh, I like this. As Megan said, the collar of the dress is cute.

Ladies Evening Belts said...

Your shoes and dress are very very beautiful. Thanks for your shearing fashion tips.

ilegirl said...

I have those same shoes (Tsubo Marni) but in black. They're a great shoe, and I love that they magically make my large feet look daintier.

That's a really cute dress. The neckline and bodice are particularly pretty.

michael jackson shirt said...

thats great, you are looking very nice, is such a different type of dress actually but looking very good color is also very good!!!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

That is a modern dress? Wow, it's so vintage-y and looks fabulous on you. Love the whole look.

Mia said...

I love how the lengths of the cardigan and the dress match up; there's an illusion of all-one-garment there that's super neat.

Those shoes look like they would be really comfortable. I keep seeing Tsubo here and there and their shoes always catch my eye. I might have to try a pair out at some point.

merlo84 said...

Hi! I have just found your blog and wanted to say how much I love it! I love the clothes you choose to wear and the outfits you put together, I think you always look amazing.

Look forward to continued reading :) x

Healthy and Homemade said...

Wow, that sweater was made to go with that dress! So cute =)