Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Light of Day




This dress hasn't seen the light of day in awhile. It's a bit difficult to style because it's really more of a tunic length, so usually when I wear it I layer a skirt underneath. These ponte knit pants are a great alternative, not to mention they're superbly comfy. I'm getting a lot of use out of them lately because they're as easy to style as jeans but have a somewhat dressier look. This was a great day-to-evening outfit; for evening I simply swapped out the denim jacket for my cropped black leather one.


Dress: All Saints
Jacket: Tulle
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Necklace: Wendy Brandes
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: All Black

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

long tunics/short dresses are my new favorite thing to layer over slim fitting pants. so comfortable, warm enough for fog/drizzle/wind, and very cute.

I love how this look went from day to evening. A cropped leather jacket is so on my wishlist.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Love this combination! I just bought a tunic today, and found my jeans are too lumpy under it. Must find a pair of slim pants like these.

Ravina Sniper said...

That dress is stunning! With those boots and that belt and the Wendy B. necklace, it's fierce! I love that you keep your jewelry simple but powerful, it's something I strive for in my own accessorizing. =)

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

I got some ponte knit pants recently and I'm in love. So comfy to wear but look more dressed than jeans.

Amber Elayne said...

I really like this outfit and am trying to not be envious of your boots! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

For tunics, leggings work really well also, and are less rumply than regular pants

Megan Mae said...

The ponte pants are a great way of wearing shorter dresses. I also love the jean jacket over the dress. I think it makes it a bit more casual. I love your WendyB necklace with the skull motif on the dress.

notSupermum said...

You look great, love that outfit.

Shybiker said...

Lovely. Few of us have as distinctive a style as you. It's hard to create one. Seeing yours in multiple outfits inspires us.

lawyerdoll said...

I love this look, and really wish I could pull it off....

ReaderRita said...

Oh, how I love contrasts.