Thursday, August 18, 2011

Black and Brown



Wow, a few days slipped by since my last post and I hardly noticed. My life is a whirlwind of activity right now, let me tell you. But I've got some exciting things cooking, which hopefully I can share with you soon.

I thought this outfit was a virtual repeat of an older one, but when I looked back at the original I saw that it actually has several differences; in fact the only commonalities are the tunic and cardigan, everything else was swapped out. The overall look is still the same though, with the fitted pants and boots under the longer layers. I think this version works a bit better than the original one.

This is such an easy look to wear; the long layers provide more than enough waistband overlap so I don't end up tugging and readjusting my shirt, the boots are rugged and comfortable, and everything is stretchy and non-constrictive. The boots really bring everything together, since they have panels of both black and brown.


Tunic: Anthropologie
Tank: Forever 21
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Necklace: Wendy Brandes
Bracelet: a gift from Mom
Ponte knit pants: Club Monaco
Boots: Timberland Boot Co.

15 comments:

Ravina Sniper said...

Love this look! You are the undisputed queen of chic neutrals, in my humble opinion!

Berri Goldfarb PR said...

This is great! Check out http://bgprfashion.blogspot.com for fashion updates :)

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

It's a wonderful chic look, and even pulls in your gorgeous body-art. Hurry, share your news with us! : >

Shybiker said...

This works really well. And it makes me realize something I hadn't consciously focused on before: your shape. Your body has an attractive athleticism about it that makes your clothes look better. As animals, we humans are hardwired to find fitness pleasing and you trigger that response in observers.

Tia said...

Gotta admit: I'm psyched that cardigan weather is just round the corner here, so I can think about pulling styles like this together.

Mia said...

It's pretty neat how all the tops pulled together look (to me, at least) like one piece, a multi-colored and -paneled tunic or something. Those boots are great, too. I have to do some searching for a good pair of wide-calf boots for which I don't mind plunking some money down.

LPC said...

Those boots look just great on you.

lsaspacey said...

Ha! When I read Black nd Brown in my reader I thought this was going to be more adorable pictures of your dogs!

Megan Mae said...

I like this incarnation better. It shows the tunic better imo, since the two pieces are the perfect match in length the open cardigan frames everything nicely. Love those boots. Making me die for fall to come.

bigonmodesty said...

Hot Mama! YOu look gorgeous in this.

Joni James said...

Great use of feminine with a touch of edginess. The colors are perfect too!

http://www.freespiritedruminations.blogspot.com/ said...

Love your outfits, love your blog. You have inspired me to write about it myself :-)

http://freespiritedruminations.blogspot.com/2011/08/dressing-funky.html

WendyB said...

Every time I see that necklace, it makes me so happy!

lawyerdoll said...

Post-apocalyptic Robin Hood... I think my favorite photos of you are the ones that create a mental image descriptor for me. This is definitely one of those posts.

Is it because I still "play pretend" in my head?

fashion girl said...

Stylish looks, very suitable for women in everyday life, yes and the combination of the colors is perfect.
fashionable look