Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Writer's Block


For this outfit, I simply swapped out the bottom half of this outfit and tied the scarf in a shorter configuration. I just love how this cropped shirt makes even a casual outfit like this one look interesting. This is the last of my outfits from before I took a week off to spend with family and friends.

I'll be honest with you; since being back from my time off I haven't been terribly inspired by my wardrobe. For one thing I've been sick, which has left me feeling lethargic and decidedly unimaginative in the mornings. I've also been exceedingly stressed out at work, which hasn't helped. I've photographed only half of the work outfits I've worn since my break, because the rest were just too boring. I think I have the sartorial equivalent of writer's block.

Tank: layering tank
Cropped shirt: Asos
Scarf: Express
Jeans: Joe's
Bracelet: Nicole Miller
Bag: Michael Kors
Shoes: Born

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your boring I'm sure is still Audi-tastic! Hope you feel better really soon (and have less stress to boot!)... being sick sucks (especially when the weather is nice!).

Megan Mae said...

Great way of taking something you know works and remixing it. I like seeing everyone's casual wear on their blogs. Hope you're feeling better.

CC said...

Sorry you are feeling bad. ;(
However, I have to admit to an extreme level of curiosity as to what a boring outfit looks like for you. ;)

ilegirl said...

Sorry to hear that you're ailing.

I'd be willing to wager that your 'boring outfit' would still top my most exciting one!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So sorry you're sick - be well soon. You always look chic and fab, and *never* boring on this side of the computer.

Sal said...

Hope you're on the mend, my dear!

Louise said...

Between the changes in your etsy shop and your "dresser's block," perhaps you are on the verge of a major paradigm shift...

Mia said...

I hope your illness and stress passes soon. I feel you on how that sort of thing can block creativity and lead to frustration. Take care of yourself and I'm sure the inspiration will come back eventually!

ReaderRita said...

I hope that all of the albatrosses (albatri? ha!) currently plaguing you bow gracefully out quite soon.

Knowing you only via the interwebz, my suggestion would be that you need a "nature" infusion; for it's inspirational and mind clearing properties. And "nature" isn't a euphemism, I actually mean mother earth...even if it's only a walk in the park.
Architecture may work, too.

And please don't worry about being "boring", as you are too hard on yourself.
It's actually really interesting to see what your "challenging" days bring! (still lovely, btw...)

Sheila said...

I hope you're feeling better, Audi!

I know what you mean - I've been really disinterested in making new looks lately. I'm going for a thrift shop this weekend, so I'm hoping to find some pieces that will inspire me.

I think you always look amazing, but there is a weird kind of pressure for us bloggers to constantly be pushing the envelope of style. Sometimes you just like to settle in for a while!