Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Juana



This was the outfit I wore when Mark and I went out to dinner for his birthday a couple weeks ago. It's notable mainly because of the necklace; it's the Juana skull necklace by Wendy Brandes. I had wanted it for ages and finally got off my duff and bought it when Wendy announced that her prices were about to go up because of the skyrocketing price of silver and gold. I'm so glad I did! The craftsmanship is wonderful, and those big sparkly sapphire eyes make the pendant really eye-catching. I wore it sans earrings so that the pendant would be the focal point.

Mark's birthday dinner was at Espetus Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse, and was incredible. Though I had lived right down the street from Espetus for years, I hadn't ever been until the other night. We gorged ourselves on delicious cuts of steak and other barbecued meats as well as an awesome array of salads and sides. It reminded me very much of the dinners, or rather feasts, that Jess and I had when we visited Buenos Aires. I was especially glad I wore stretchy, non-constricting clothes that night, because Juana certainly wasn't helping me clean my plate.

Top: Max Studio
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Ponte knit pants: Club Monaco
Boots: All Black
Necklace: Wendy Brandes

9 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love the color of this cardigan..your entire look here is great and how much fun to have one of Wendy's necklaces!!

Megan Mae said...

That cardigan is such a beautiful color blue. The Wendy Brandes necklace is lovely. I love her pieces. I keep hint-hinting at DH to get me the silver vampire stake for Christmas.

CC said...

I love that cardi and the teal color looks so lovely on you. I am also feeling a bit jealous of anyone who lives someplace where they can wear boots in July. Our heat index was 113 today - I don't think I can even remember being cold enough to wear boots, but yours are seriously adorable.

Shybiker said...

What a great look! One of your best. You look fabulous.

Would you do me a favor? Please? Go into the wig-store and try one on. The ease and speed at which they transform your appearance is intoxicating. You'll quickly want to get one. They're lots of fun to play with.

Andy said...

I like the clothes that you wear because it looks interesting

Mia said...

Oh, that little necklace! How charming. This reminds me that I should wear my skull earrings this weekend. Silver goes so well with the teal-y blue and black combination.

Mmmmm, Brazilian food. I wish there were a place here, I so miss the little Brazilian cafe that was always on the way to school in Santa Cruz...

Terri said...

What a treat--the skull necklace. The sweater is lovely. Every time I sample one of these Brazilian restaurants, I exit momentarily swearing off meat!

WendyB said...

EEEEE! It looks great on you!!!!

Women's Clothing said...

Thank you, useful is what I say to such posts : ^ good luck