Friday, July 29, 2011

Cuteness Overload


Wow, new puppies are a HANDFUL. Our little guy is curious about everything, and we have to be ever vigilant to make sure he's not chewing on random items or jumping up and knocking things over. But he is one sweet, gentle boy alright, and very eager to learn and to please. We found out that San Francisco Animal Control was about to put him down, because they deemed him too "mouthy." Uh hello, ALL puppies are mouthy until they get some training. It just goes to show that the bias against pitties is staggering, even here in San Francisco where they're a very prevalent breed and we have so many great breed ambassadors. Hats off to Grateful Dogs Rescue, who stepped in just in time to save our pup!

The outfit is from last week. I'd been wanting to wear this top/cardigan combo again, but had struggled with how to make the outfit look different from the first time I paired them. The maxi skirt offered the perfect solution, though to be honest I think I still prefer the original outfit, and would probably wear it again verbatim. Hard to believe the original outfit is nearly 2 years old.

Cardigan: H&M
Top: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Born
Bracelets: Cost Plus World Market

Mark and I are suffering from cuteness overload these days.

12 comments:

Melinda said...

We have a pittie too and the bias is unbelievable. Our little girl is the best but be warned - they hold on to that puppy energy for a long, long, long time.

Ravina Sniper said...

Oh my gosh, the fact that they were going to put him down just for being a mouthy puppy breaks my heart! Pitties are so sweet and intelligent, the bias against them is so unfair.
All (absolutely adorable) dogs aside, I looove this outfit! The graphic stripes of the skirt paired with the bright pops of color on top make me think of a painting, like you're in a Toulouse Lautrec piece or something. Gorgeous!

Tina said...

My dog is a pit/lab mix. She is now four and isn't as mouthy as she used to be. I lost many pairs of nice shoes to her mouthiness--so hide your lovely shoes!!!

Healthy and Homemade said...

I agree with Melinda, people hate on pits because they're ignorant and misinformed. Pits are the NICEST dogs when they haven't been bred to kill by their hateful owners.

My moms pit is the most loyal dog, she doesn't bark at anyone (including the mail man) and she thinks she's a lap dog. Sweetest thing ever, I definitely want a pit when we get a dog =) Yours is too freaking cute!

Terri said...

Ah, predictable ah, to the puppy. Both of my daughters each have two pups and I totally agree about the sweet nature of these dogs.

Megan Mae said...

I like how the hemlines of the top and skirt mirror each other.

The pup is the sweetest. Hooray for rescues. I'm sure with plenty of love and attention, he'll be a happy, well-behaved little guy in no time.

notSupermum said...

He's so lucky to have the two of you. I just came back to see if the little fella had a name yet?

Shybiker said...

Nothing beats a dog for companionship and cuteness. And I'm jumping for joy that you rescued yours from Death Row. It's sad how many abandoned animals get euthanized.

Audi said...

not Supermum: We finally settled on a name -- Spencer! We almost left it as Chumley after your comment the other day, but we figured no one over here would be able to spell it the English way.

notSupermum said...

Oh, cute name! He's gorgeous, hope he settles in well xx

notSupermum said...

Btw, I've mentioned you in my new blog post - hope you don't mind.

Celynne said...

It's terribly sad how many animals are put down for such silly reasons. Glad you were able to help save him!

I think I prefer the first way it was styled too. Do you have any yellow bottoms though? I think yellow pants or a bright yellow skirt would be awesome with the that top combo.