Monday, July 18, 2011

Bare Legs Weather



This outfit came together perfectly in terms of colors and patterns, but wearing tights with this skirt was an utter failure. Sure, it looks good, but the skirt fabric sticks so readily to the tights that even with a slip underneath it was a huge pain to keep the skirt from riding up my legs when I walked. I adore this skirt, but it is definitely only suitable for bare legs weather. And bare legs weather is NOT what we are experiencing in SF right now.

This cardigan has proven to be one of those "how did I ever live without it?" kind of items. This outfit is the fourth time it's made an appearance on the blog, but since I bought it in May I've worn it many more times for casual weekend or after-work outfits.

Cardigan: Anthropologie
Top: Sisley
Skirt: Sisley
Necklace: Dana LeBlanc Designs
Bag: Coccinelle
Shoes: BCBGirls

9 comments:

WendyB said...

I hate clingy skirts! Ugh. Looks great though.

Chelsea said...

I fear I must stop buying "bare legs only" skirts. They're just not practical in this climate! But they're usually so pretty too... dammit.

That yellow cardigan is gorgeous. No wonder you adore it!

Mia said...

Too bad about the wardrobe issues, that purple and yellow is a great color combo.

At least you're not sweating through the 90s like we are in the Valley?

Keely said...

Love the purple and yellow together. I'm enjoying your SF weather from WA state!

Megan Mae said...

Yipes! Hate those kind of skirts. I think that's why I used to give up on dresses and skirts in winter. Love the mix of yellow and purple. It's interesting how you can buy a piece and wonder how your closet ever dealt without it.

Just started looking more into Louise Brooks! What a fascinating life she lived.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh that bag is splendid.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Sheila said...

See, now I'm just getting rid of my marigold cardigan, and there you are wearing my perfect replacement! ;)

Love the yellow and purple on you. What a pain sticky skirts are - your legs look so amazing in those textured tights, though!

I found a local store that carries Wolford (name?) tights...those really expensive ones. Holy moly, I nearly choked at that price - for tights! I guess I am a tightwad, hee!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Oh yeah, I hate skirt-creep too. I love your color combination, and you do look fantastic in your new favorite cardi.

Scary Closet said...

It is soooooo bare-legged weather here in MN. 115 degrees, anyone? GAH. I'm coveting your ability to wear tights, even if they do cause skirt creep.