Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sheriff



I found these adorable espadrilles on sale at DSW; they fulfilled my quest for a pair of espadrilles and also for a pair of olive green shoes. Two wardrobe holes filled with a single item! And yes, I paired them with my obi belt, with its perfectly matched olive fabric AND brown leather. And of course I mixed all that with the perfectly matched olive and brown necklace, and the perfectly matched olive dress and brown blazer. Because although Sal is still the undisputed mayor of Matchy-Matchytown, I've declared myself the sheriff. Let me know if you wish to be deputized.



Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
Necklace: Foxy
Blazer: La Redoute
Belt: Audra Jean
Espadrilles: DSW brand

12 comments:

MitzyG said...

I kind of love matchy-matchy, even though I know it's supposed to be a no-no for those (like myself) of a certain age. What's so wrong with looking like you put some thought into your appearance?
Le sigh. Sign me up for the deputy training program.
Love your blog, btw.

Rebecca said...

I like the new shoes, and I think these outfit achieves a perfect level of matchy-matchy!

Shybiker said...

Sheriff, can I join your posse? :)

laniza said...

I bow down to your matching skills, Mrs. Sheriff!! I am in love with your espadrilles.

ilegirl said...

Great outfit. The dress is divine!

Gina said...

Love the dress, the belt, the jacket. Dang. I will never live up to your matching capabilities, so I won't even embarrass myself by enlisting in your training program.

kathy said...

I try to balance between not being matchy matchy and then being all matchy matchy. Sometimes I just want to match. This is a great outfit, and I LOVE the shoes with the belt!

And then I look at the previous post, where you are Artsy Cousin, and I LOVE that outfit too!

Sal said...

Good to have you on the team, Audi. ;)

Cel said...

Heehee, I was thinking of Sal when you started talking about all the matching. Love the shoes, they look so comfy. The matchy-matchy girl in me loves this outfit to bits.

Mom said...

Hey wait a minute! As I recall, the last time we spent time together you gave me some static about wanting to put together things that matched. Attributed it to my age or something. Anyway, I love this look on you - so chic and slim. Beautiful! The jacket is adorable!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Matchy matchy is the way to go if it looks like this. Those shoes are amazing and I love the neckline of your dress.

Audi said...

Mom: Well, you know me -- I break all the rules, even my own!