Monday, June 27, 2011

Pinup




I loved how this outfit turned out, with all the soft and light colors blended together and accented with the black belt. What I didn't love, however, was the way I had to hang onto the front flap of the dress every time I walked outside, for fear it was going to blow wide open. Wrap dresses. Why can't they be functional as well as stylish? Next time I'm going to wear pettipants under this dress and just not worry about whether people can see them when I'm outside in a breeze.

The dress is darn flattering though, with its voluminous bust draping, hip-hugging skirt, and strategic diagonal pleats across the front. The muted animal print and 1950's cut make me feel like a pinup girl.

Dress: All Saints
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Necklace: Dana LeBlanc Designs
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Shoes: Bettye Muller
Bag: Cocchinelle

14 comments:

Chelsea said...

I vote for pettipants. Holding one's skirt down in the fierce wind we've been having is annoying (especially if you are carrying shit!).

And you look just like a pinup! You had me at the leopard print ;) And then I stayed for the cardi and shoes!

Cynthia said...

I love that dress. Love. Oh All Saints, why do you forsake me? (Seriously, they stop just before my size, grr).

I just got some very functional silk knit pettipants from Wintersilks and I'm wearing them under everything.

Terri said...

It's a beautiful dress. You'd think the makers of wrap dresses could devise a simple hook and eye that could be latched briefly when one stepped out into a breeze.

brandyce said...

You look fabulous. It's too flattering a dress to not wear often. Velcro dots can solve the flapping problem. They're sticky-backed so you don't have to commit to a spot and I think they're more reliable than tape. I'd still wear the pettipants, just to be safe.

Megan Mae said...

That dress is gorgeous, and I love the shape of those heels. I ran into the same problem with fly away skirts on Friday. Maybe I should pick up some pettipants.

ilegirl said...

The dress is really pretty and the cardi is so interesting! I dig the texture added by the appliques.

I tend to avoid wearing wrap dresses to work - I work near the perpetually-breezy Cordelia Junction.

Shybiker said...

Very interesting and cute. Nice idea.

Ravina Sniper said...

Sassy! I love everything about this combo, and I don't even really like animal print! Obviously you're casting some kind of magic spell here, Audi. ;)

Magatha-May said...

the print on that dress is beautiful. Great outfit

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

That is a killer dress. I have not solved the flyaway-wrap problem yet, and I like your idea of pettipants. Blogging = good ideas, shared!

Celynne said...

I really like that necklace, the colours are pretty. It's such a bummer about wrap dresses. Sometimes I just stealthily safety-pin them hah.

Alecia said...

what's not to love about this whole ensemble- one of my favorites from you!!! love the dress.

Sal said...

I hear you on the wrap dresses. They're downright dangerous. But this one is totally worth the risk!

Sheila said...

I love this look on you - very rocker chic(k). Wrap dresses and skirts drive me insane. Pettipants sounds like the right solution!