Monday, June 13, 2011

Classified


Yep, I wore the same scarf two days in a row. But when I put together this outfit I knew it needed some extra oomph, and the scarf just seemed to give it the perfect, polished-yet-funky touch. And anyway, that day I was on a TOP SECRET MISSION and needed all the polish I could get. Hopefully I'll soon be able to reveal exactly what my mission was that day, but for now it's classified. In this outfit, I felt like someone who'd have top secret clearance. Or maybe just a pistol in my handbag.

Here's a close-up of my new pixie cut, which I absolutely love. It's been awhile since I've had my hair this short, and I forgot how great it is for windy summers by the bay. There is seriously no messing up this style, no matter how strong the gusts get. Between the new haircut, my awesome Helmut Lang blazer (which is possibly the best purchase EVER), and the killer scarf, I felt totally invincible in this.



Blazer, dress: Helmut Lang
Scarf: Alexander McQueen
Bag: Foley + Corinna
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Born
Earrings: Swarovski

14 comments:

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

If I saw you on the street wearing this (and not already knowing who you are), I'd have to go up and talk with you - you just look that cool and interesting.

Rad in BK said...

You look amazing! The pixie is perfect, that blazer has magical powers, and the scarf is the finishing touch. Hope to hear good news about said mission soon!

Megan Mae said...

You look gorgeous! I love your new cut. The suit makes you look powerful. That's the first word that comes to mind. The silver shoes and McQueen scarf keep it edgy. Love it!

Allison said...

The haircut is great - and you look like you are on a top secret mission in this kickass outfit. Well played.

laniza said...

This outfit is totally 'you'. The silver shoes are such a cool touch.

ilegirl said...

A cool and confident look. The back of the dress is so fun. And the pixie cut looks great.

notSupermum said...

You look invincible. I can't wait to hear what your news is.

Shybiker said...

Oh, I love this outfit! The perfect combination of business-formal and chic. The blazer is amazing. Accenting it with that skirt, those super-tights and the silvery heels is inspired.

And I must agree about the new 'do -- it suits your face beautifully. Can you stop your hair from growing so it stays exactly like that forever?!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Gorgeous outfit and hair, Audi. You have the perfect kind of hair and face for this look - it is so you!

WHAT is your mission??? I have an inquiring mind. : >

Sheila said...

You look amazingly powerful in this outfit! I love the surprise detail of the metallic shoe.

The pixie cut really suits you! Love!

Ravina Sniper said...

Oh my GOSH you look smashing! That dress is way sexy and clearly you were born to wear Helmut Lang! I'm loving the pixie cut, too - with all the wind we've been having around here I kind of want one too!

Audi said...

Thanks everyone; glad you like the hair!

Shybiker: Ah, but that would mean I'd miss out on the hours spent at my salon, chatting with my fabulous hairdresser and getting pampered! I think I prefer to stick with the usual way of keeping hair short -- getting it cut every 6 weeks. :-)

Shybiker said...

Audi, I understand the attraction of regular visits to places that welcome us with warm conversation and good cheer. The fact you get "pampered" at your salon is ice cream on top of that slice of pie!

Tiina said...

My, you look simply amazing! Gorgeous blazer, gorgeous dress, and I'm not even going to mention the haircut!