Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bettye


I fell in love with these shoes several months ago when I saw them on Endless, but I steadfastly refused to buy them until they went down in price. I didn't think they were overpriced necessarily, but the original price was more than I wanted to pay for another pair of espadrilles at the moment. I waited and stalked them and finally they went down by about 20%, and I figured that was good enough, especially since by then there were only a couple pairs left in my size.


Anyhow, I absolutely LOVE the shoes. Like the other pair of Bettyes I posted yesterday, they have cute vintage styling and are really well made. I like how most of the wedge heel is covered in leather rather than the jute rope; this gives them a distinctly different look from my canvas espadrilles. The extra wide straps across the top of the foot make them comfortable and also hold them securely to the foot. I'm glad I waited for a lower price, but I'd have been really bummed if I'd waited too long and missed out. That's always a risk you take when you hold out for a bargain.

Dress: eShakti
Necklace/Bracelets: Cost Plus
Jacket: Tulle
Shoes: Bettye Muller

14 comments:

Tia said...

That jacket is killing me! It's so bright, and it really brings the outfit together to me.

Chelsea said...

heading out the door, but I gotta comment because you look just fabulous in that frock, audi! it's just lovely, and I love the necklace with it and the shoes are gorgeous too :) xoxo!

Nyssa said...

I love eShakti dresses. You look great in yours.

Megan Mae said...

That dress is such a fabulous bright shade of blue. I love the pairing of grass green and dark brown with it.

There's an upside to having tiny feet. It always seems like my size is leftover.

Ravina Sniper said...

Super cute and so summery! I imagine this was not taken during today's downpour? Seriously, isn't it June?
Those shoes are darling, way to score them on sale, too!

Terri said...

I'm admiring the dress. I spent most of this day shopping for one in a similar blue that I need for a wedding THIS Saturday.

ilegirl said...

Cute shoes. But the dress - wow!! The color looks great on you. eShakti has great stuff.

Shybiker said...

How pretty! The shoes are special and the dress is a knock-out. Great color.

Ally said...

I love everything about this. Especially the shoes. And the dress. And the green jacket.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Oh yes, the shoes are killer. I love Tulle jackets too, they are so nicely shaped. Great look!

Sal said...

I'm so curious about this brand now! If you've bought two pairs, they MUST be good shoes.

Carmen said...

I always love this dress. That color is just so gorgeous and it fits you perfectly!

Audi said...

Sal: Yep, I love 'em! From the two pairs I own I'd say they tend to run a smidge on the small side, maybe half a size. I'm between 8.5 and 9 and for both my pairs I've gone with the larger size and been happy I did.

Healthy and Homemade said...

That dress is beyond beautiful! Gorgeous color with your skin tone =)