Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Assemble a Rainbow


Indiscriminately mixing coral, navy and red? Why the hell not? I've mixed this particular coral t-shirt with teal, bright yellow, pink, lime green -- you name it. Usually in the same outfit. Since this was a work outfit I kept it to just the three shades, but had this been a weekend look I probably would've gone with a teal scarf, and perhaps I'd even have chosen a yellow bag. There's just something about coral that makes me want to assemble a rainbow of colors and throw them into the same outfit.


Striped shirt: Target
Coral shirt: Michael Stars
Jacket: Banana Republic (via eBay)
Scarf: vintage
Jeans: Acne
Shoes: Faryl Robin
Bag: Michael Kors

11 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Very very cute. I had never heard of those shoes so I had to Google them, and now . . . love. Also loving the new hair.

Carol in Indian Springs Village said...

Love the color combination. I'll have to rethink my coral now that I've seen this. And I love your hair. Mine is short too and I've been thinking of growing it out but the heat this summer has made me change my mind on that one. I know you said your weather has been chilly and wet so maybe our weather patterns will swap some and you can have our hot and dry while we get your wet and cool.

dcresider said...

I love the color combo. It works perfectly and give me ideas for my outfits. Thanks.

LPC said...

You look fantastic. This kind of subtle color stuff is what I dream of learning how to do.

maria said...

I love your new hair style.

Would it be possible to show your earrings in detail? You must have a great earring collection and seem to choose your earrings with care for each outfit but they are hardly visible.

Ravina Sniper said...

Oooh, super cute! I was just thinking today how I really want a coral top, and this outfit has brought it home! I'm loving the super-tall cuffs, btw. ;D

kathy said...

Why the hell not indeed!

Love the outfit and those shoes are incredible.

Rianna Bethany said...

coral is one of the happiest colours! I put coral nail varnish on and i instantly feel better!
Great outfit

xxxxxx

Megan Mae said...

I love the navy and coral combo. The red adds a fun unexpected element. You've created a very cute spring/summer that still keeps you covered for your local weather.

Anonymous said...

I think it makes perfect sense - it's just tweaking the 'red white and blue' combo a bit.

Healthy and Homemade said...

This outfit really works! The colors go well together without being matchy matchy. Love it all.