Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sandals Week



If only the weather still looked like this; it's gotten cold and rainy since these photos were taken. But as you can see from the last several outfits, I took full advantage of the stretch of warm weather and bared my legs, arms and feet. It was Sandals Week in the Bay Area.

In keeping with my new seasonally-appropriate dressing policy, my plan for this spring and summer is to wear the crap out of all my sandals, even on days where it might be a little on the chilly side. Then when the weather turns colder I'll pack them up in a box and store them out of sight, just as I recently did with all my heavy sweaters, woolen items, and insulated boots. That way I won't have to spend half the year looking wistfully at all those pretty shoes and being sorry I can't wear them.

Dress: Forla Paris
Scarf: Duke et Duchesse
Vest: Forever 21
Harness: Audra Jean
Shoes: Joy Chen

5 comments:

WendyB said...

It's so chilly in NYC, we're calling it "May-vember."

Cel said...

I think it's cool and wet just about everywhere lately, so not fun. I love how well the harness goes with the colour of the shoes. Your outfits are always so wonderfully varied and layered.

Sal said...

More gorgeous, drapey layers! And very wise to stash away the heavy stuff. It makes seasonal transitions feel so fun.

Ravina Sniper said...

I love this outfit! I've been admiring that harness belt in your etsy shop for a while now - I think it's my favorite one! =) Glad to see you got some sun in the Bay. I think we're due for some real summer weather about now!

Sheila said...

Those are very cute sandals, and I really like this outfit!