Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Patience


I bought this dress from the All Saints website months ago, but when it arrived it still had the security tag on it. And since the brick-and-mortar All Saints store is down by Union Square, and since I HATE going to Union Square, it took awhile before I summoned up the motivation to go down there and have them remove the tag for me. But here's the dress at last; it's the same Layla dress style I've been eying since 2009, which I guess explains why I didn't mind waiting a couple more months to wear it. I initially fell for this dress in the blue color, but in the end I decided I liked it even better in oyster, which to me makes it more wearable as a day dress. I also liked it a LOT better on sale for $159, versus the $305 it was when I first found it. Patience finally paid off.

The little cardigan/shrug is also from All Saints. The sequins are actually all made of solid metal, which gives this piece a nice weight and drape.

Dress: All Saints
Shrug: All Saints
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Shoes: Rock and Republic

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Loving the oyster and black combo. You're looking mighty foxy there, Audi!

And those wedges are spectacular. This post makes me wish the sun would come out even morrrrre!

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

The shrug must have the most delicious weight to it. I love when clothing has a solid presence like that.

Megan Mae said...

Fabulous draping. The dress has a wonderful sheen and looks like the perfect transitional dress for summer. Those wedges are out of this world amazing.

Ravina Sniper said...

I've got total shoe envy right now. YUM! I really need to check out All Saints, you look so amazing in their clothing I can only hope it would look as good on me! =)

Shybiker said...

The dress drapes beautiful on you. And the shoes are fab. In my next life, I want to be you. :)

Carmen said...

I really like the sheen and weight of the material in the dress. It has a wedding dress quality to it... in a good way:)

A-Dubs said...

Jaw-droppingly awesome. Love your style.