Friday, May 6, 2011

Kimono




This blue kimono-style top is another recent purchase from the Asos sale. As soon as I saw it I thought of 1940's style sailor-inspired outfits with wide-legged trousers and wrap tops. So for its first outing I duplicated the look using these wide-legged pants, which are ordinarily more of a winter item but which I thought worked beautifully here. It was one of those cool, rainy spring days with a cloudy sky, which meant that my perfectly coordinated umbrella really came in handy. And no, I didn't buy the top to match the umbrella, but sometimes things just seem to work out that way for me.


Top: French Connection
Pants: Anthropologie
Necklace: Ambiance on Haight Street
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Umbrella: Dav
Shoes: Tsubo

15 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

Great ensemble! Love the top and the proportions work well for you.

Ravina Sniper said...

Such a pretty top! I am so coveting that umbrella, too. I've got such a weakness for patterned umbrellas but I also have a knack for breaking umbrellas fairly quickly. Not a good combo. I always wonder if there is something I can use my broken umbrella fabric for...

fabriccreations said...

Love this outfit!!!

WendyB said...

Great outfit -- love those pants.

Megan Mae said...

I love the soft blue and grey colors. Those trousers are fantastic.

notSupermum said...

I *love* that outfit, gorgeous.

Shybiker said...

I've always enjoyed your style and this outfit is exceptional. Not only is the top a winner, but you styled it beautifully. I wish I had your eye.

Fab50Plus said...

Wonderful outfit! I'm featuring it over at my blog as a great example of an outfit that can work for just about any age and any "body"! ;-)

Thanks for sharing it with us!

ilegirl said...

The print is great, and I have to say that color looks fantastic on you. There's a sort of minimalism that is anything but bland about the outfit.

Healthy and Homemade said...

What a beautiful top, and umbrella!

Cel said...

That is such a funky umbrella. I'm too afraid to go beyond standard black lest my umbrella clash with the rest of my outfit haha...

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Gorgeous top. I love the colour and the print. And I see it's Asos - I love their stuff. Today's boots that you liked are Asos too.

Loving the big photos here.

Sheila said...

That is a really lovely top, and this is a great silhouette for you. With your height you can really carry this off.

And who doesn't love storks? Or are they cranes?

Anonymous said...

This outfit is simply lovely! You always wear creative and stylish outfits but this one I find especially suits you.

nannharwood said...

I love this top!! Can you post a link of where to buy? I searched on the Asos website but couldn't find it.....thanks!