Friday, May 20, 2011

Gift Horse



Sal sent this Karen Kane dress along to me after deciding it didn't work for her figure. And although I'm convinced it would've looked fab on her, I'm also not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. And let me tell you, I absolutely LOVE this dress. Thick, bouncy, double-layered jersey gives this dress a heft and drape that is luxuriously comfortable and also substantial enough to stand up to the windiest Bay Area weather. I can already tell that this dress with a lightweight jacket, bare legs, and sandals is going to be a staple for summer weekends.

I wore the outfit with the jacket all day at work, but I thought I'd also show the dress by itself so you can get a look at the whole thing. Needless to say, the asymmetrical hemline is a big plus for me.

Dress: Karen Kane
Leggings: Black Market Baby on Etsy
Shoes: Bobbi Blu
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Denim jacket: Tulle (thrifted)

6 comments:

Shybiker said...

You're right -- this dress works beautifully on you. I find asymmetrical hemlines very appealing.

Karen Kane said...

I love how this looks on you! So happy Sally passed it on! If any readers are interested, it's available at Belk: http://www.belk.com/AST/Boutiques/Boutiques_Primary/Karen_Kane/PRD~18005562L13792/Karen+Kane+Dip+Dye+Dress.jsp?off=24.

Abbreviated said...

Shopped in Wichita, KS & purchased a couple of tops that shape.

Ravina Sniper said...

What a fun dress! I love the dip-dye summery blue.

Megan Mae said...

Love the dress, it's perfect for layering and wonderful for summer. I can see you getting a lot of wear. The hemline keeps it unique. That was sweet of Sal to pass it on (though I agree, I can see her styling this up too).

ilegirl said...

First, would LOVE to work where you work, as the dress code at my job is too conservative to allow denim. Agh - makes me choke!

The dress is great, an what a score: while an A-line it's the right cut and heft to withstand the Bay Area winds (which are not insubstantial these past few days).

I dig the leggings too. Great outfit.