Monday, May 2, 2011

Duran Duran

Here's another one of our outdoor locations; this is outside our back door, in front of the awesome wall of bamboo that towers over the property line. This is on the second floor of the building and you can see that the bamboo extends well above where I'm standing. When it's windy it makes the most beautiful rustling sound.

And yes, I tucked my tie into my shirt. It wasn't quite the way Duran Duran used to do it (owing to the fact that the shirt has a zipper up the front instead of buttons), but hey, it worked for me.

As an aside, Mark and I saw Duran Duran live at the Fillmore a few weeks back, and they were awesome. They looked great, they sounded great, and it was a blast to see them at such an intimate venue. Back in the day I saw them at the Oakland Coliseum, which involved considerably more shoving and being squashed than I could ever deal with these days. The recent show was far more civilized; you can tell an audience is mostly 40+ when the cocktail waitress can walk right through the crowd and deliver drinks all the way up at the front.
















Blazer: Helmut Lang
Shirt: J. Peterman
Tie: thrifted
Harem pants: Vera Wang
Sandals: Kors Michael Kors

14 comments:

K.Line said...

I love this outfit. Who would have thought that the jacket would go with harem pants! And I love Duran Duran. Just listened to them on my iPod today.

angie said...

This is my favourite outfit you have ever posted, Audi - and that's hard to say because I have many favourites!! You got me with your reference to Duran Duran (you know I wanted to marry Simon when I was 16, just like you). So sad I missed them in SF recently - but glad that you and Mark were able to go!

LOVE THIS OUTFIT. (Don't mean to shout, just passionate at the moment).

Deja Pseu said...

That blazer is a work of art! Great with the harem pants too.

LPC said...

Great jacket. And the usual original Audi approach to wearing it.

Lisa said...

Nice outfit.
I saw Duran Duran in Reunion Arena in Dallas. They were such fun.

Megan Mae said...

Love the harem pants instead of the traditional trouser pairing for a suit.

shams said...

I agree, one of the best outfits you've ever posted. That jacket was worth whatever you paid for it several times over. A great great wardrobe piece.

Ravina Sniper said...

I love this jacket more every time I see it! Also, I really enjoy seeing your 'outdoor spaces' in your photos! Nice outdoor space is hard to come by in SF and it looks like yous is pretty darn great!

Sal said...

Now THAT'S the kind of suit I like to see!

Chelsea said...

I am loving your outdoor spaces! The bamboo is gorgeous.

And as always adoring your ensemble. You look fantastic, and the tie tucked in just seems perfect.

I prefer concerts that are more civilized... though seeing Lady Gaga with 500 million other peeps at the Oakland Coliseum was fun too :)

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I love this look. The tucked in tie, the mix of black and white.

And then it's all inspired by Duran Duran who I adore and was totally obsessed with when I was growing up. They were the first band I saw live (I was 11) and it is still one of the best things that I ever did.

meegiemoo said...

Great outfit! I couldn't get tickets to see Duran Duran in Montreal or Toronto so I splurged and bought VIP tickets for their show in Paris. I'm at a loss for what to wear!

Laura said...

I love this whole outfit and those shoes are fantastic.

Andie said...

I saw Duran Duran at the Oakland Coliseum in 1984. I completely agree about the pushing and shoving back then. Glad you got to see them at the Fillmore. Nice outfit!