Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cropping Up


Well, I warned you that these cropped pants would be, er, cropping up again soon. A weekend had intervened after the last wearing of them, I was at a different conference, and since aside from me there was virtually no overlap in attendance among my colleagues, I figured no one would be the wiser if I wore them again. This time I paired them with an equestrian styled blazer and leopard print blouse. The open-top shoes with bare feet proved to be the absolute wrong thing to wear for the soggy day it turned out to be, but other than that it was a great semi-professional outfit to wear on the first day of a conference.

I feel like red shoes would've looked better with this outfit, but I was lacking the correct red shoes to do the job, so I stuck with taupe. I did go with red earrings though.

Top: Forever 21
Blazer: Karen Millen
Pants: Cynthia Steffe
Shoes: John Fluevog

11 comments:

neighbourhood.gal said...

Lovely, really chic.

My six-year-old daughter just walked by and looked at your photo and said, "We've seen that lady on the computer before. She always looks pretty."

Sheila said...

Great outfit, and love all the neutrals in it. What about another colour of shoes, instead of red? I bet blue or turquoise or yellow would look amazing with this too.

I bought some silk Noa Noa polka dot pants today and thought of you! :) I will wear them soon!

Rebecca said...

I like the cropped pants. It is a great way to make a professional look more interesting.

Megan Mae said...

Great jacket! I think those crop pants will be extremely easy to remix this summer.

I agree with Sheila, a bright blue shoe would have also looked really awesome with this.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

I like it with the soft pastel tones though- I love a red shoe, but this is very ladylike pretty.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Pretty Face giveaway

Shybiker said...

That blazer is so professional-looking. Can I hire you? :)

Northmoon said...

Since I'm short I don't wear cropped pants, but the concept of pale to match my leg makes sense. Plus I like the way yours fit close to the leg, very professional looking.

You have a great sense of style, thanks for the inspiration. Now I if I see a pair of sand cropped pants I'll know what to do.

Sal said...

These conference looks are so inspiring, Audi. Proof that polished and professional can overlap with creative and unique.

Audi said...

neighbourhood.gal: That's adorable! Tell your daughter thanks from me!

Sheila: I agree, yellow or teal might have been an even better, and perhaps a less obvious choice than red.

Shybiker: Yes! Though I'm not sure what use a lawyer would have for a biologist -- expert witness, maybe? ;-)

Northmoon: I think anyone can wear cropped pants, it's just a matter of finding the right length and shape for your frame. As you pointed out, the close fit of the cuffs is more leg-lengthening than the boxier styles; I think this could work well on a shorter person. Additionally, wearing a shoe that matches your skin tone would elongate your legs.

Ravina Sniper said...

Hi Audi! I saw this post the other day and just didn't have time to comment, but I wanted to pop by and say that I love those crop pants! So casual chic with the blazer and leopard blouse.

Cel said...

Wee, leopard print! I think finding footwear that can weal with rain and still look stylish is nigh impossible. Soggy feet or wellies!