Monday, May 9, 2011

Cabaret


I spotted this sequined blazer in the window of a local boutique while I was riding the bus, and knew it needed to be mine. I've looked at many a black sequined blazer over the last year or so, but they've all been a bit too cabaret for my comfort level; somehow the dark silver sequins work better for me as part of a daytime ensemble.

For this outfit I left the blazer open for a more casual look. It fastens at the center with a single button, which makes the front tails drape down softly to a single point in the middle. I think the relaxed structure of the blazer, which drapes rather than having any structured or boxy tailoring, also adds to its casual vibe. 


Blazer: B. Bella
Dress: Aryeh
Leggings: Foot Traffic
Shoes: Pour la Victoire

11 comments:

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

I have been pining over all the delicious sequins these past seasons, and that blazer is no exception! I love the steely shade and the construction.

Ravina Sniper said...

Giiiirl! That sequin blazer is amazing on you! I love that you saw it from the bus and went back for it. =D

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that's super awesome! I'd wear that one any day...

CC said...

I totally agree, that dark pewter sequin look is perfection, especially with that dress. So gorgeous.

WendyB said...

Coveting the blazer...it's the perfect color.

Shybiker said...

The blazer is a great find and you obviously know how to use it to advantage.

Megan Mae said...

Gorgeous sequin jacket. I love how casual it looks in this outfit. The Pewter-y tone definitely gives a more unique impact than black would. I keep finding sequined pieces while thrifting, maybe I should give one a shot.

Sheila said...

That is a very cool bit of sparkliness! I love that it's grey - very you.

Those shoes are pretty darned fab - I just picked up something similar (they made my heart leap) and I'm almost afraid to wear them. I like how you've got casual mixed with dressy here.

sewforward said...

The shoes! The shoes! The shoes are fantastic!

Cel said...

Those shoes are so great, and I really dig the dress. I'm not a huge sequins fan but this is awesome.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Ooh, gorgeous jacket. I love the dress too, so the two together are bliss.

PS you look very tall today. Isn't it interesting how different outfits change how tall people look?