Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weekend Errand


This was a casual weekend outfit; I only had one quick errand to run that day, but I decided I might as well look good doing it. This top/cardigan combo is one that gets used a lot on weekends, because it's comfortable and easy to wear, while the pattern mix keeps it interesting. The sandals are new (they're the Kors Elsie style) and I'm totally in love with them; they're comfy, stylish, and versatile. The reviews I read almost universally mentioned that the suede platform and heel scuffs easily, so I treated them with suede protector before wearing them, and I'm planning on wearing different shoes when I drive, since the angle of my foot when I'm driving tends to wear the backs of high heels. A couple of simple precautions and I can probably keep these shoes looking new for a long time to come.

As for that errand I had to run....

I finally got the Marie Antoinette wig. It makes any outfit better, doesn't it?



Top: Max Studio
Cardigan: Nally & Millie, a gift from Mom
Necklace: Wendy Brandes
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Jeans: Joe's
Sandals: Kors Michael Kors
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Marie Antoinette wig: Helen's Wigs

15 comments:

Ravina Sniper said...

WOW, that wig is AMAZING! I'm also loving your stripes & dots combo. Totes jealous! =)

Anat said...

You can definitely pull that wig off! What are you going to do with it?

(PS been following your blog for a while and I just think you are too cool!!! And you always look amazing!!)

Audi said...

Anat: Thank you! Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the wig-- yet. But I'll think of something good!

fabriccreations said...

Love the cardigan! I am learning to sew clothing and I love seeing everyones different styles!

WendyB said...

That wig just made my life.

Sheila said...

HA! I love it. You can definitely rock the wig. It's almost "Muriel's Wedding"-esque.

Diana said...

Love the drapey cardigan, and that wig is fantastic!

Sal said...

Wow, that is SO not what I expected to scroll down to. LOVE it!

Scary Closet said...

Dude! You got the wig! And it is AMAZING. I love it, and it is the perfect shape for your face. Now all you need is a ship, a few butterflies, some jewels, a feather or five, and you can totally deck that thing OUT.

Have fun with it! I foresee hats-for-wigs popping up in your Etsy store...

Anne said...

Haha! I wondered if you were ever going to get that wig. It looks awesome.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Yay, you got the wig. It was so worth the wait. You look amazing in it.

PS I'm hosting a giveaway.

Laura said...

LORD, that is a great wig. The scroll down to a close up made me laugh. It's just so BIG.

wigs said...

Wow really unique wig thanks

Cel said...

You bought the wig! Yay!

Healthy and Homemade said...

I really love everything about this outfit, especially those awesome shoes! This is definitely something I would want to wear.