Friday, April 1, 2011

Upper Hand

T

This top is the third and final item from the trip to Desigual in New York, and isn't it just gorgeous? I love long tops that have interesting details, because they're such an easy way to create a simple, casual outfit with jeans. I like the length on the longer side so that I can wear the top comfortably with my low rise jeans, and the interesting details means I don't need a lot of layering or other embellishment. This top has got a great mix of bold patterns and colors, and the metallic red ink even adds some textural interest. I still can't decide if that's Jackie O's face on the back though.

Here's another look at my new Bos and Co. boots. Up until this week it rained in SF for something like 14 days without a break, so these waterproof boots have really come in handy lately. I love clothing that makes you feel like you've got the upper hand on the elements.

Top: Desigual
Scarf: Forever 21
Jeans: Deisel
Boots: Bos. and Co.

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

I think this is the best Desigual item I've seen yet.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Lovely! I don't know of it's Jackie either, but could be..
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Otis and James accessory giveaway

shams said...

I don't post so much, Audi, but that top is spectacular!!

An Engineer's Closet said...

Again and again I am absolutely blown away by the colors, patterns, and details on your clothing! It's totally inspired me to focus attention on interesting features in my own wardrobe and to look for unique items when I add to my closet.

lsaspacey said...

I'm not sure who it is either, but my first thought was Bianca Jagger?

Amber said...

Bianca was my first reaction too.

journey said...

another whose first thought was bianca jagger!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I love that top. There is almost a mod element to it, maybe it's the circles.

Healthy and Homemade said...

That top rocks!!

angie said...

The top *is* gorgeous! Just like you and your boots :)

Robin@CrashingTheBoy'sClub said...

LOVE this outfit. The top is very eye catching and just outstanding. The boots are great also.

phantasnight said...

My most beloved Desigual item is a T-shirt I bought a long time ago, from my first college scholarship. At that time it cost just a little less than that, so no beer money for me for that month, but it was soooo worth it. It is my favourite T to date.
It's the one from the third pic here:
http://phantasnight.blogspot.com/2009/08/randomizing-my-vacation-part4.html

Unfortunately I didn't have any money left to buy what would have become my second favourite T , the one in the last pic here:
http://phantasnight.blogspot.com/2009/09/beloved-desigual.html