Monday, April 25, 2011

Tough but Sweet



Lately I've been getting a lot of use out of this beautiful leather jacket. Its open front and cropped length make it not quite winter-worthy, but it's the perfect outer layer for spring and all the way through fall in the mild San Francisco climate. I loved the way it looked over these light chiffon layers; it added just the right amount of toughness to the soft, feminine look.

Dress: Fremont
Skirt: Anthropologie
Boots: Timberland Boot Co.
Jacket: Skin Graft

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

lovin' the cropped leather jacket... and layered over the sheer chiffon is as you referenced, a wonderful juxtaposition. I love the layers of colors and textures... from the pretty bow to the boot laces. gorgeous!

Ravina Sniper said...

you are a genius when it comes to soft & ladylike paired with tough & sassy! I adore that jacket so much, it really is perfect for this indecisive weather! Hope you're having as much lovely sunshine in the Bay as Santa Rosa is!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I love the jacket and it looks so lovely with the chiffon dress. I always like juxtapositions in fashion and this one is one of my favourites.

spottedroo said...

Love the proportions in this outfit: the shirt, skirt and sleeve lengths work really nicely together.

Noortje said...

really amazing dress! loving the sheer
xo

Sal said...

That tie-neck tunic is just about the perfect garment. I swoon.