Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death Throes

These cords have maybe one or two more wears left in them, and then they'll have to go; the nap is starting to look worn. If you've been reading this blog for awhile you might recall the tale of the Elie Tahari cords and my embarrassing blue butt experience. That sounds like a great premise for a children's story, doesn't it? Elie Tahari and the Blue-Butted Blogger. Believe me, that story did not have a happy ending. I'll chuck this pair before they ever get that bad.

What's interesting though is that I've had these cords for several years now and they suddenly look very current again, because of the flared legs. Which just goes to show that some clothes can survive the ups and downs of different trends; I wore them even through the skinny-jean trend, but now they fit in perfectly with the styles that are in the stores. And that actually kind of sucks, considering they're in their final death throes just as flared legs are coming back into style. Perhaps I should've shelved them during the skinny jean years. Come to think of it, I'd probably still have those Elie Taharis too, if I hadn't rendered them unwearable by overuse.




Cream shirt: All Saints
Yellow cardigan: Solemio
Scarf: vintage, from Red Light
Cords: Marlowe
Belt: Audra Jean
Shoes: Saks Fifth Avenue

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I just wore the butt nap off a beloved pair of AG Angel cords. Those held up through the skinny jean years as well, even with their flare.

I like this pale yellow trend that seems to be cropping up in the blogosphere. And your version is one of my faves as always.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Wow, maybe everyone thought the pants were a trend, a bluebutt trend...
I have that belt from your shop and love it!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

elmendez said...

Those cords look great on you. Your legs look a mile long!

Sal said...

Gah, I haven't owned corduroy pants in years, and you're making me glad of it!

That scarf is so fab, Audi. Love the bright pattern.

ashe mischief said...

Just think though-- if they're dying during the beginnings of the flare leg resurgence, they'll be easier to replace!

Ravina Sniper said...

That's the problem, isn't it? Do we wear the heck out of our favorite items, loving every minute until their death throes... or do we ration the wearings and prolong their life? I usually go with the first option. =)
Love that belt!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Wow, your legs look endless here. The cords are an amazing cut. I like the pale yellow with it and of course, I adore the obi.