Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Moment of Panic


These boots were purchased in a moment of panic just before I left for New York, when I was convinced I was going to be mucking through three feet of snow the entire time I was there. I actually ordered a different pair first, some white snow boots which were utterly adorable but which ran a size too small and had to go back. Fortunately I found these, which are waterproof and shearling lined, but have the added bonus of being wearable back home. I hadn't heard of Bos and Co. before, but they're owned by the same folks who make Fly London shoes, so I took a chance and ordered them at the very last minute. Normally I would never advocate taking brand new shoes on a trip, but I did just that and lucked out; they're wonderfully comfortable and a great heel height for walking all day. And I've gotten multiple compliments every time I've worn them.

I bought the vest in New York while I was out shopping with Sal, Sara, and K. Line. It was marked down 50% and it was just so deliciously soft and furry that I couldn't resist. I've worn this vest several times now and each time I do, someone asks if they can touch it. Hey, at least so far they're asking first.

Vest: Adrienne Landau
Tunic: All Saints
Leather pants: Firetrap
Boots: Bos and Co.

13 comments:

Between Laundry Days said...

Truly, the only word for this outfit is FABULOUS.

Rebecca said...

That vest is amazing. I usually don't go for fur vests, but that one is the exception since it is so eye catching.

K.Line said...

As a person who's actually touched that fur, I have to tell you it is awesome, and it was extremely reasonably priced. If there's any way I could have justified another fur vest, I would have bought one too!

ladykatza said...

The boots and vest are awesome, but I realized I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out all the books on your bookshelves.

Anonymous said...

congrats on finding the right boots and taking a chance that paid off. thanks for sharing too, because the boots look much better on you than on the site. i would have passed them by without your recommendation.

WendyB said...

That vest was an awesome find!

chicagolo said...

you look Hoth-tastic. like Princess Leia's cooler sister, wearing the skin of the taun taun that died to save Luke's life.

Sal said...

Those boots were DEFINITELY a good buy. And I am speaking as someone who has borrowed them!

Ravina Sniper said...

You look so cozy and chic!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Ooh, love the emergency boots. They're a great (and unusual) colour.

Fawn said...

So awesome when panic purchases end up being just the thing!

Brande said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nubby Tongue said...

This outfit is delightfully eccentric! Love those boots, too. I'm glad I don't live in the snow belt anymore, but if I did these would be top of my "Save Your Pennies For..." list.