Monday, March 21, 2011

Marie Antoinette

There's a wig shop right down the street from our house, and they always have these outrageous Marie Antoinette-style wigs on display in the front window. Naturally, I desperately want one. So the other day I was walking back from the hardware store and I decided right then and there that I was going to march into that wig shop and buy one, not so much because I have any use for it at the moment, but simply because I thought it would be fun to come home from shopping carrying some landscaping staples, an aluminum dryer vent, and a Marie Antoinette wig. You know, just the necessities.

Sadly the wig shop was closed that day, so my dream of assembling the most random assortment of purchases in the history of shopping will have to wait. Who knows, maybe next time I'll also be carrying some lightbulbs, a pack of guitar strings and a pumpkin. 

Today's featured new thing is this camouflage-patterned infinity scarf, which my mom gave me for our belated Christmas. I think it would look great with a Marie Antoinette wig, don't you?

Scarf: Express
Jacket: French Kiss, thrifted
Top: All Saints
Skirt: Anthropologie
Boots: Timberland Boot Company
Jewelry: Betsey Johnson

7 comments:

Scary Closet said...

A friend of mine owns such a wig. It's huge, blonde, and as she is already 5 ft, 11 in, it puts her well over 6 feet tall.
So yeah. I heartily endorse buying one for your ownself. Life is too short to not own a really big wig.

Tricia said...

If anyone could pull off a Marie Antoinette wig, Audi, it would be you. :)

Ravina Sniper said...

That wig sounds amaaaazing!
I really like this outfit - the mix of girly (pink skirt, Betsey jewelry)and casual (boots, camo, jacket) is right up my alley! =)

notSupermum said...

I was disappointed to click on the 'Marie Antoinette' link to your blog and NOT find you in a white, powdered wig. If you get one, you have to wear it to work, you just have to.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Ooh, you'd look amazing in a wig like that. I am now so excited to think you'll be sporting on the blog soon. Love your new scarf, the gold running through it is beautiful.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Love the jacket and scarf together with or without a wig.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

melanie said...

When I read the title of your post, I thought you were alluding to the fact that Marie Antoinette wore a white dress with black stockings to her be-heading and that was part of how you put your look together....the wig story is much more interesting.