Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Foot Soaking and Cocktails

This outfit is from before the trip and therefore is pretty old, but oh geez do I remember this day. I got off the shuttle from work only to find that the next bus wasn't due to arrive for almost 30 minutes, which was more than enough time for me to just walk the rest of the way home, rather than sitting there in the cold. But the shoes! -- while they're great for an average day at work, they don't feel so fab after 2 miles of walking up and down San Francisco's hilly streets. It took a lot of foot soaking and cocktails to ease the pain once I got home.

Doesn't my nail polish look great though? This is Black Cherry Chutney by O.P.I.; I don't bother with nail polish very often, but when I do I love to go BOLD.

Dress: Noa Noa
Cardigan: Solemio
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Necklace: from Ambiance in the Haight
Shoes: MIA


9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm lovin' the color combo here, Audi! And the shape of that cardigan is perfect.

WendyB said...

I've never done any foot soaking. Does it really help sore feet?

Audi said...

WendyB: Absolutely! That day my feet felt hot, like blisters were going to form, so a cool water soak helped a lot. But warm water and Epsom salts also helps for tired feet that are crampy from lots of walking or standing.

Ravina Sniper said...

I've done many a foot soak, usually in the summer time when my feet are hot and cranky by day's end! =)
Love this outfit, super cute!

Sal said...

Ahh, nothing like footwear failure to make a gal crabby.

Sheila said...

This is really pretty - I love the orange cardi over the dress.

There is nothing as painful as walking in heels that are not intended for such use. I did that a couple of years ago: bus trapped by Olympic protesters in town, I was late for a dinner date, wearing 4-inch stiletto heels...and I walked/ran all the way home (uphill). My feet were dead.

Between Laundry Days said...

I feel ya on the unplanned foot pain. Every now and then I forget to change into my walking shoes, and I always regret it.

But I LOVE this outfit. The color combination is so springy!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Love the nail polish and your cardigan is wonderful with this.

I so know the pain of an unexpected walk in shoes that aren't made for walking. Glad the cocktails took the edge off.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Gah foot pain is the absolute worst. Sensitive feet seriously run in my family. I loved the lavender Epsom salt for a soak =)