Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Random Assortment

I saw Sal wear this beautiful color combination awhile back and immediately vowed to duplicate it. And as luck would have it I found this pretty fuchsia top shortly thereafter. But the weather was cold, and it was hard to imagine putting on this mere wisp of a top and leaving the house with arms exposed (especially since it was cold enough for me to bring out the bullet-proof sweater I posted yesterday!). Finally impatience prevailed, so I layered a t-shirt underneath and hoped for the best. I froze, but it was worth it to inject such a vibrant burst of color into a drab winter day.

Have you ever noticed the random assortment of stuff that ends up deposited on the shelf behind me? I'll give you one guess who is responsible for their appearance there (hint: it isn't Georgie.). Usually it's in-progress leather items, but this time it's a set of solar-powered Christmas lights, a man's hat, and a tube of caulk. You just never know what might turn up back there.


Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Sunhee Moon
Boots: All Black

13 comments:

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

This color combo is beautiful, and the drapey top is divine. Very artistic.

A-C said...

Ditto on the color combination, beautiful!

Maybe you should have a where's Waldo sort of game with all the stuff that shows up behind you? Sounds like a fun game to me. :)

WendyB said...

Big fan of this color combo.

Kimberly said...

Love the color combo and the floaty top! Also, there is a reason why I take my pics where I do - it is the one place Dave doesn't leave "goodies" behind at. :-)

miss nicola said...

Would you ever consider posting pics of your closet? Clothes organization is tricky business, and I'm curious about how you keep all of your gorgeous pieces. Cheers!

Sal said...

Thanks for the shout-out and I must say, I like your version better! That floaty top is a dream.

Kelli said...

I'd second Miss Nicola's request. One of my goals for this year is to organize my closet in such a way that I am able to keep my shoes from being in a pile, & keep everything else in sight.
I live in an older home w/small closets, so I know it will be a challenge. Since space is at a premium in San Francisco, I would guess you might have a similar closet conundrum....
Love the outfit!

Becky said...

Lovely color combo but I admit I was actually drawn to your boots! They're great - I need a pair like that!

Audi said...

Miss Nicola and Kelli: Actually I've done a closet tour before; the whole series can be found in my archives for January 2009.

Sheila said...

Beautiful colour combination - I love that it's grounded with black (grey would also look awesome).

Heh, the background items are awesome.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

That top is amazing. I really love it paired with the red and the silhouette is unique and very flattering.

Never really noticed the shelf (think I am looking too closely at what you're wearing) but I will definitely keep an eye on it from now on.

miss nicola said...

Thanks for the tour, that is some serious organization. Sometimes I feel bad about all the nails and hooks and shelves that I'm inclined to install, but seeing your set-up helped solidify that these things are necessary!

BABI said...

love the top! very flattering:-)

http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com