Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Icelandic

OK, I'm officially ready for winter to end. It got so cold that I pulled out my Icelandic sweater, for Pete's sake! This thing has never been worn outside of Iceland, because beautiful as it is, it's deeply impractical for the San Francisco climate. Like the Danish sweater I posted the other day, it's another one of those gorgeous items I fell for while traveling in a colder climate than my own, not thinking that I might not have much use for it at home. I don't feel like this was a wasted purchase though; the traditional design isn't really in danger of going out of style, and the sweater is such good quality that it'll last for years.

I felt like the best way to offset such a bulky sweater was to pair it with my skinniest jeans, and to make my legs look longer still by adding these tall boots. I threw on the belt as an afterthought, but I think it gave the outfit nice proportions and kept the sweater from bunching up.

Sweater: Icelandic
Jeans: Joe's
Boots: Apepazza

11 comments:

WendyB said...

Winter is bullshit. I want it to leave immediately.

fashionoverfifty said...

What I love about this is the otk boots--its just gives that folksey style sweater a new breath of fresh/funky air! What a great look!
Our winter here in NE is probably worse than yours--am leaving in a few days to Fl. Can't take it!

Cel said...

Cute! It's almost long enough to be a sweater-dress. Looks nice and warm :)

rebhuhn said...

dear audi, I'm always looking at your styles and almost never reading the texts - sorry for that. and not commenting, either... BUT I have to say that I really enjoy your rich variety of STYLE. there's no real red theme except from general .. I don't know.. - style. you proof that every kind of 'fashion' is able to look good/cool/stylo/whatever. thx for that!

A-C said...

Those boots are fantastic! and I agree that the sweater is a classic design that won't go out of style.

JC said...

I LOVE this outfit! And you're right, that pattern is definitely a classic.

Sal said...

Totally amazing. The belt and boots are both brilliant choices.

And I will refrain from making any temperature/wimpy-ness comments.

Becky said...

I'm not quite tired of winter, but I know what you mean. Just a slight glimmer of wanting spring for me, but it will intensify come February for sure. The sweater is awesome, and I really love the boots. A lot of people think over the knee boots are inappropriate, so I think I'll use this picture to show how cozy and great they can look!

Between Laundry Days said...

This looks great with the tall boots! I, too, am sick to death of winter. I want to wear skirts, dammit!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Love how it matches your jeans so well. And those boots are awesome.

Sheila said...

I love this sweater with the tall boots!

I'm terribly wimpy about the weather....we're just delicate West Coast flowers!